My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple Issues :-( Merge locations and Multiple locations at single address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Full business name

Race City PCB

2. Current business address

9523 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL, US

3. Current telephone number

(850) 234-1588

4. Google+ URL

https://plus.google.com/+Racecitypcb/posts

A) As you can see from the screenshot below, I have 3 variations for a business in my My Business Listings Dashboard, and I would like to either merge into a single listing, or simply delete the unnecessary two.

Multiple listings for the same business I wish to merge

B) The second issue I have, is that there still appears to be an old listing active on maps for our previous business name.

See both listings on the map itself at the same location...

Anything relating to "Super Speed Fun Park" should now all say "Race City PCB" - How can I merge the Race City PCB listings into the Super Speed one, or just remove it entirely?

C) The "Super Speed" listing is still showing up for searches of that name plus the address in google too. Will removing it from the maps resolve this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Multiple Issues :-( Merge locations and Multiple locations at single address

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Michael

Question 1: How to remove the two duplicate listings in your dashboard?

For each listing, click on 'manage location' and then click on the left hand side menu. Scroll down the menu and click on the Settings link. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on the delete page link. There'll be a whole lot of warnings about deleting your account, but this is only for that page, not Google+ in general.

Question 2 and 3: How to remove references to Super Speed Fun Park?

Contact GMB support via https://support.google.com/business/contactflow and ask for that listing to be removed as a duplicate of your current Race City page.

This is the only way to have it removed permanently from Maps.

I hope that helps!

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Re: Multiple Issues :-( Merge locations and Multiple locations at single address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for a fast response!

So I cannot see a Delete option in the Google+ back end, where you described. I even tried to switch to classic G+ view (which was an option) but there's still no delete option.

Here is what the bottom of the page looks like when I follow your instructions...

no-delete.png

I have contacted GMB as you suggested though, so I am just waiting to hear back about that issue, thank you for that tip.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Michael,

If you're not seeing the Delete Page option, then you are probably not logged in as the owner of those pages. Do you have access to the owner account? If not, you'll need to ask the owner of the pages to transfer ownership to you - that will take 24 hours to occur.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks!

It turns out I was the owner of thos epages as I thgouht.

There was a slight difference in your instructions on how to find the Delete option, and the steps  actually had to go through.

Question 1: How to remove the two duplicate listings in your dashboard?

For each listing, click on 'manage location' and then click on the left hand side menu. Scroll down the menu and click on the Settings link. (For anybody else who needs to do this, I had to then click on "MANAGE' at the very top of the page, and then scroll down to find the delete option). Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on the delete page link. There'll be a whole lot of warnings about deleting your account, but this is only for that page, not Google+ in general.

I've since deleted those pages, although I was worried to read that they can still appear on maps / local etc. and all across Google elsewhere.

If they are going to show up still, I'd prefer that I'm at least the verified owner of them, and not allow them to be incorrectly (mis)managed by a third party.

Is there any action I can take to remove a listing ENTIRELY from all of google?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the update in my instructions - weird though since I did test them before I wrote them out for you, but hey that's technology for you :)

I wouldn't worry about them showing up elsewhere - that warning applies to pages that were verified. When they are deleted from an owner's dashboard they remain in the Local database and show up In Maps as an unverified listing. In your case, those two listings were not verified so they will have not show up anywhere.