My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple Google My Business "Locations" Causing Customer Confusion and Splitting Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, there are 3 "Locations" to our business -- all with the same address.  The law business is Massey & Duffy, and the law partners are Michael Massey and Patricia Duffy.  Somehow, all three of those (Massey & Duffy, Michael Massey and Patricia Duffy) all have their own Google My Business "Location" - all at the same address (855 East University Ave, Gainesville FL 32601). 

This is causing some people to leave reviews they mean to leave for Massey & Duffy on pages for Michael Massey or Patricia Duffy.  Patricia Duffy has a 5 star rating, she doesn't need any more 5 star reviews right now.  Massey & Duffy has a 4.0 star rating, but some people that mean to leave reviews for the law firm in general (Massey & Duffy) are somehow leaving them for Patricia Duffy. This occurs even when Ms. Duffy isn't actually the lawyer helping them.  

I actually think there's some kind of error in the coding or something, because this is recently just  happening that everyone is leaving their reviews for Massey & Duffy on Patrica Duffy's "Location".  I actually believe that when people leave a review for Massey & Duffy it goes to Patricia Duffy's "Location" instead.  Can this be fixed somehow? 

Multiple Google My Business "Locations" Causing Customer Confusion and Splitting Reviews

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Michael M - it doesn't sound like a coding issue, sounds normal to me.

Google allows each individual practitioner (lawyer) to have their own (GMB) page for reviews, IN ADDITION to the page used for the law firm or practice (ie business).

It's actually a good thing if you ask me (which you did not), but certainly could result in some confusion on behalf of your clients.

Most likely the page for Patricia Duffy surfaces to the top in the search results.  

This issue could be dealt with using a Review Platform software system.