My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple Businesses at Shared Address & Suite

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm considering using a virtual office for my business to handle mail as well as occasional meetings with clients in shared office space/meeting rooms.

When someone searches for the address & suite number, a number of other businesses using this same virtual office company/address show up in the regular Google search results, naturally. When it comes to the Business Location though, one of the businesses has taken 'ownership' of the address so when searching on Google Maps or when looking at the Business Location result that shows up on the right of the Google search results, his company shows up and no one else's. 

I've seen other virtual offices where it will say "at this address" or something like that in the Google locations results, even if it's the same suite number, and list out the numerous businesses at the location. 

Will it be possible to have my business show up at this address as well even though it's the same suite number or will this person's business continue to dominate the location? I'd really like to use this particular virtual office as it's convenient and very affordable, but I may not want to sign the lease if my online presence will be overshadowed by the other business on Google.

Here are the URLs in question:

Google Search for Address & Suite

Google Location/Map Result

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

in general 

virtual offices are not allowed and will likely lead into a suspension of your listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for clarifying -- This is true even if I use their shared spaces to conduct physical business?

I wouldn't mind not having my business listed if it's still not permitted by Google -- but I don't like how someone else who is operating at the space has 'hijacked' the address so his business is what shows up when searching the address. Could that be removed?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I'm not in the role of Google's policeman.

But any business violating their rules and guidelines can reported