My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple Business Locations List

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a couple questions about how our businesses link to each other on google. I have 3 different locations for our business and they are all active and used on the same Gmail account. That being said, if I try to google "Wood Connection locations" Only 1 location shows up. The only way the other locations show up is if I google the city that they are in. How do I make it so all locations show up when this is googled? For example, when you google "Taco Bell locations" it brings up several different locations, labeled A, B, C, etc. starting with the location closest to you. Is there a way that I can do this for my businesses so they know more than one location exists?

Another question I have is how do I disconnect with old locations we no longer have? We sold a store that we had that was our "furniture" location. It is now owned by another company called "Wasatch Furniture". It looks like they have taken ownership of their page, but when googling "Wood Connection locations" Their business still shows up as a location, even though the name is changed to Wasatch Furniture. (and not the others, of course) How do I remove this? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

1. Business: The Wood Connection

2. Current business addresses: 

6680 South 300 West (Cottonwood St.) - (Main location)
Murray, Utah 84107

530 East State Street

American Fork, UT 84003

2672 North Hillfield Road

Layton, UT 84041

3. Telephone # 801-265-2255

4. Google Maps URL - https://www.google.com/maps/search/wood+connection+locations/@40.6291512,-111.8989552,16z/data=!3m1!...

5. - thewoodconnection.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Multiple Business Locations List

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Lindsey,

Question 1 - The search results Google provides are heavily based on location. If you are not near the other 2 stores and there are more relevant results based on your query, there's a possibility they won't show. With that being said, there are some things you can do. Adding unique images and well as generating user reviews will help new locations begin to rank quicker on the search results.

Question 2 - You can't remove a location from Google Maps that existed. You should make sure your business is marked permanently closed and the new business should create a new listing. You can find those instructions here.

Hope this helps!!

Krystal

Krystal Taing
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how to here.

Re: Multiple Business Locations List

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your swift reply. The problem is when I started taking over
our Google business, I never got ownership of our furniture store, since
they were a separate business from the ones I run. No one seems to know who
or if there was someone managing the account before. It looks like the new
company has ownership of the business but we still are tagged in it somehow
when searching for our business.