My Business
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Multi-specialty group practice of part time physicians

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Raintree Healthcare

919 Medical Dr.

Allen, TX 75013-5021

(214)644-0280

https://plus.google.com/+Raintree-healthcare

Hi-

Our clinic has physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners who specialize in Pediatric or adult medicine (Family Medicine & Internal Medicine). And we've just added a behavioral counselor.

The issue with adding a new listing for each provider (as recommended) is that many of the providers work part time and see each other's patients, therefore, dont really have their own practice and patients in the traditional sense.  Rather, it makes more sense to create an additional listing for each specialty (Google's customer rep agreed).

The phone number and address is the same however, so how do I keep them from getting flagged as duplicates? And how should I name them?

Ex: Raintree Healthcare: Pediatrics or Raintree Healthcare Pediatrics 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ivan M
March 2017

Re: Multi-specialty group practice of part time physicians

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I appreciate your help. It wasn't an Ad rep; I had requested a call back
from Google. It's no problem though.
Thanks for the info!

Ivan M

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ivan

When you say "Google's customer rep agreed" was that a support rep that you reached via
https://support.google.com/business/contactflow or an AdWords consultant? The reason I ask is that the advice they've given you is incorrect and I want to make sure that is brought to the attention of the proper area.

It's not so much that Google thinks each practitioner will be seeing a discrete group of patients, but that they recognise that people search for a particular practitioner by name, which is why they ask you to create one listing for the business and then one listing per practitioner.

If you create multiple listings for each speciality you will get flagged as duplicates - there's no way to avoid that since it s an algorithm and not a manual action.

If you're interested in the best practices of adding practitioners then I recommend this article by a fellow top contributor Joy Hawkins: http://www.whitespark.ca/blog/post/85-best-practices-for-practitioner-listings-on-google-my-business...

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ivan M
March 2017

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I appreciate your help. It wasn't an Ad rep; I had requested a call back
from Google. It's no problem though.
Thanks for the info!

Ivan M

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.