My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Moved business address: listing and directions are correct, but position marker shows old location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, we recently moved and updated our business listing a week or two ago from 954 Mountain View Dr to 936 Dewing Ave in Lafayette. The correct address is showing in our business listing and directions. However, when you go to maps.google.com and search our company name "Roughing It Day Camp" the position marker is still on the old address (see screenshot below). Funnily, it seems to be centering the map on the new location, even though it is not showing up.

I saw someone posted a message that search directions would go to the old address. This is not the case with us. As soon as you enter a start location for the directions, it shows the correct position marker, and directions go to the right location (see screenshots below).

Is this something that will fix itself over time, or do we need to do something on our end?

old-location.JPGAddress listing good; position marker baddirections.JPGAdded start location for directions; now shows correct position markerdirections2.JPGDirections go to the correct location

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ann W
May 2017

Moved business address: listing and directions are correct, but position marker shows old location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for checking Helmut. It now works for me too when I search. 

One thing I had changed right before I posted this, was the exact location of the marker. I had originally placed it on top of the physical building we are located in, in the back of the complex off of Dewing Ave. This may have been confusing Google because the marker was outside of the 936 Dewing Ave lot. I moved the marker inside of the 936 Dewing Ave lot, so maybe this did the trick.

View solution in original post

Re: Moved business address: listing and directions are correct, but position marker shows old locati

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ann W

I'm afraid .

But I can't replicate the bad marker if searching your business  with GMaps.

For me it looks quite normal and correctly and the marker points to the new address:

Screenshot 2017-05-22 at 21.03.46.png

Accepted by topic author Ann W
May 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for checking Helmut. It now works for me too when I search. 

One thing I had changed right before I posted this, was the exact location of the marker. I had originally placed it on top of the physical building we are located in, in the back of the complex off of Dewing Ave. This may have been confusing Google because the marker was outside of the 936 Dewing Ave lot. I moved the marker inside of the 936 Dewing Ave lot, so maybe this did the trick.