My Business
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Move youtube channel to different Google+ page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a youtube channel that's attached to my personal Google+ account, but I want to instead attach it to my business Google+ account that's associated with a separate Google account. I'm a manager on both accounts, but when I go to youtube to make the switch, it says ''no other profiles or pages available to move the channel to'. Any thoughts? Thanks, Phil

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Move youtube channel to different Google+ page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Have you tried transferring Ownership of the channel to the new account? - https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/4627568?hl=en
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
In order to move the the channel to the other page, but the channel and Google+ page must have the same owner email address. If you are only a manager the owner email will have to do it.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Phil N
November 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks you two, in the end I couldn't transfer the youtube account to the owner of the google+ account, but I could transfer the ownership of the google+ account to the owner of the youtube account, like this:

1. Log in to Google My Business and choose the page you’d like to manage.
2. Choose My Business > Settings from the left-hand navigation ribbon.
3. Click the Managers tab in top navigation menu. If the person you want to transfer to isn't already a manager, make them one now and wait 24 hours after they accept to go to the next step. If they're already a manager, go to the next step now.
4. Click the dropdown arrow on the card of the person and select 'Transfer ownership to person'.
5. The transfer of ownership happens immediately. You'll automatically become a manager of the Google+ page. Now the person should be able to move the youtube channel to that page and then delete the old Google+ page.