My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Move a location from business account to its own business account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up my business account a good time ago. We started helping clients get their locations listed in Google and my employee messed up.. He added them as a LOCATION under my business account instead of their own business. How can I move them from under me as a location and set as their own?

AWC Web Design

2306 SE Access Rd, Mt Vernon Tx 75457

903-841-1040

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Move a location from business account to its own business account?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @AWC W, you will want to transfer ownership of the listing.

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Transfer to who? I run their accounts for them. Most dont even have a Google account. Half can't click a mouse lol. I do all of their web work for them.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Let me make sure I understand your problem and your goal. You have control of some GMB listings in an account you have access to. You want to move them to an account the business owner has access to. Is that right?

If I'm still off, please try clarifying. Some specific examples and screenshots would help.

Thank you
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

7 of the "locations" listed under AWC should be listed as their own account on the Dashboard not as a location under AWC.. right?

AWC1.jpgAWC2.jpg

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi
Did you get this sorted out?
I have the same issue - ie I have a account saved as a location under the wrong business account. I would like to move it to another business account (that is lited under my accounts)

Thanks
J

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

johk and AWV, did you ever get this figured out?  I have the same issue.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not sure if this is what you are looking for or not - but took me FOREVER to find it when I needed it.  Perhaps it will help others.  Totally simple - - but almost impossible to find without instructions.

If you have an location in one business account you own and would like to transfer it to another business account you own, I would suggest transferring ownership of the page to the appropriate account. Here's the instructions https://support.google.com/business/answer/3415281

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This was exactly what I was looking for - thank you so much!