My Business
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile Number Type Absent On Dashboard

Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

Hi, 

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I would like the ability to set the mobile number flag for a number on the dashboard. 

This can be done on Map Maker, yes, but if the "primary number" is marked as a mobile number on Map Maker, then this automatically disappears from the dashboard which later throws an error saying that the primary number has not been set. 

I've "sent feedback" a few months about this actually, but I haven't noticed any change. I think this would be pretty simple to implement? 

Thanks. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mobile Number Type Absent On Dashboard

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Time Lord

given that GMB allows specifying a primery number and an alternative number and given the fact they do allow for both using landline and/or mobile numbers we are free to achieve the primary number being a mobile number or not.

In my below sample the primary number is a landline but I could have been specified the mobile number instead as primary number as well:

screenshot-business.google.com 2016-08-14 18-49-34.png

I therefore don't understand your concern or complaint.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

@Helmut Geissler 

Hi, ehg,

I think this could better be understood with an example, let's consider a claimed listing for Starbucks that has one number - +1987654321 added on GMB. 

+1987654321 by default shows as a number with the "phone" number type on Map Maker : 

Phone Number.png

If the number type of+1987654321 is now changed to "mobile" on Map Maker like this : 

Mobile Number.png

Then it no longer shows in the dashboard, as it can't distinguish between a mobile and a fixed line/landline (I'm not sure what it's referred to in other countries) number. 

As this +1987654321 was the only number on the listing, it now produces an error like this in the dashboard : 

Google My Business Dashboard - Primary Phone Not Set.png

Seeing this in the dashboard, the business owner is now alarmed and adds the same number again on the dashboard : 

Business Owner Adds Number Again.png

Which then leads to duplicates when viewed on Map Maker : 

Duplicate Numbers With Different Number Types Google Map Maker.png

So, what I mean is that there should be a way to specify the type of the number (mobile/phone/fax) from the dashboard itself. 

Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

actually there is an issue if specifying phone number properly in GMB

I can't even exchange for one of my listings where having in the past a landline and a mobil number the two.

I'm not sure the issue you described is related to this issue.

Thinking I will  wait for a week or so and ask our communication manager Liz about the issue I refer too.

Will then add your hints to Google.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

@Helmut Geissler Thanks.