AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Missing reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 2 reviews that disappeared. I have the emails still from when I gt the review and when I click to read them they are gone. The folks that wrote them did not delete them they are just gone. One isnt a review just a rating. Where did they go?

Ryans Recovery and Towing

352 Bangor road

Unity, ME 04988

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ryan's+Recovery+and+Towing/@44.6425486,-69.3135302,17z/data=!3m1!4...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Missing reviews

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

you seem knowing or contacting the reviewer (baased on  your "The folks that wrote them did not delete them they are just gone...")

Can you ask the reviewer whether or not they still see their review or rating while viewing your listing?

In this case the reveiws are filtered.

There are tons of possible reasons for filtering reviews.

Some possible reasons for getting reviews filtered
(note: the below list might not be complete and can be subject of change - filtering of reviews is done by algorithms)

URL's in reviews
The rating is too long: since the number of characters is >> 4000
- Same rating on other platforms
- The reviewer also managed the G + page
- The reviewer works for the company
- The reviewer wrote the review on a computer of the company or used its network
- The reviewer wrote the review with an IP address that other reviewers used when posing  their review
- The reviewer has tried to publish the review several times at different times (thus filtered on 5 August and tried again on 10 October)
- The reviewer wrote very many reviews in a short time
- The reviewer has evaluated several other companies with the same name
- The reviewer has a blank G + profile and no activity with the profile yet
- Reviews are written by an SEO company
- The company has an on-site reviewing station that has been used
- The company offers an incentive for a review
- The number of reviews for the company is unusually high compared to other companies in the industry
- Dates in the format  26.04.2017 ->  
  but this format works: 26. 4. 2017 and also 26. April 2017