My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Missing phone number in Google Search results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know, I need to move the question to the 'Google Search' forum, but they claim it belongs here:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=first_post_notification_button#!...

Fun fun fun!

I manage a website with 5 physical locations that serve customers directly.

In October (~15th) we noticed 2 of the 5 locations will not display the phone number for the location:

Since then we've sent in some complaints, and urged the staff to give feedback too, every vote counts! The Nanaimo location recently started showing the phone # again:

... but Duncan still requires you to search using a mobile phone or click the 'More about Galaxy Motors Duncan' button at the bottom of the local search tab to get the phone #.

It's my assumption that there's insufficient clicks from desktop users to convince Google that the Duncan # is handy to display, but I can assure Google that there's a lot of people who dial the # without clicking on it after doing a desktop search.

Hopefully it was just a test and it'll stop automatically but I'd love to know more and show the business owner that we're doing what we can.

Thanks!
1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

I'm just checking with my CM about this - I know there was a bug earlier that didn't show phone numbers but I thought that had been fixed.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi 

I'm advised there's a technical issue affecting Desktop but the user just needs to click "More about Galaxy Motors Duncan" for the phone number to display in the meantime. On mobile there should be the "Call" button. 

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog