3.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Missing address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My name is Jeremey and I'm the owner of DBR Road Services. We're a trucking company based in Vancouver, Wa. When I search trucking companies in my area I don't see my company. When I search for my specific company it says Vancouver but no address. What is the issue?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeremey T
July

Missing address

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You have your business set to a service area business, so the address is hidden. You've got a huge service area set as well... a year or two back anything over a 40 mile radius could hurt rankings, though it's admittedly been a while since I've seen proof of that, and it may no longer be the case. 

I'm not surprised your business isn't showing up very well though. There's 3 main kinds of factors Google looks at: 
Proximity (how close the searcher is to your hidden location) 
relevance (based on what Google knows about you, are you the right kind of result to show to a user?) 
authority (what's your reputation and place in the community?)

There's a couple things Google looks at to establish all that. Your website (it doesn't appear you have one) the business profiles on other sites like Yellow Pages and Yelp (you aren't in many places), the consistency of the information Google knows about your business ('Dbr Logistics' appears to be another business name your business goes by, or another arm of the same business using the same phone number?) and the number, quality, and content of reviews for your business on Google and elsewhere.

If SEO is something you'd like to invest in as part of your marketing efforts, there's some work that needs to be done before you can expect to start getting more exposure on Google from people looking for businesses like yours. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Missing address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for taking the time to look at my profile. I'll see what I can do to improve those things. 

Highlighted

Missing address

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

For sure, happy to help. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Experts in the Topic
james w