My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Missing Description

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

we have description for each listing however, it doesn't show up in google local business list. It shows our listing with phone, website, photo, etc but no short description (under review and above address) like any other corporate listing does have such description. Why our description doesn't show despite the fact there is one? Am I missing something and it is not description that shows under review and above address?

thank you for helping

Margots

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Missing Description

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Did you create the business listing under a language setting other than the one you are viewing the business listing?
The description is shown only when viewed under the language setting used to create the business listing in the first place.
Could you please provide the URL of the Local business page?
Thank you

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Margots K

adding to what @treebles said an other important fact:

The description will show in the classic G+ only. It doesn't show up in the new G+ view (regardless having the correct language interface or not)

I'm not aware any option to get the description shown up for a business page to the public other then using the classic G+ 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Here is link to screenshot to better illustrate the selected listings with missing description while others have)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8wMRFGYXCi7WFVQMm5TNHBUdzg/view?usp=sharing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for response.

I am still new to this but I believe you are asking for the following link
https://plus.google.com/u/0/112752071058772651900

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I believe the language has always been English. We didn't have any reason to have other language as the business is located in US with most of the guest english speaking.
p.s. I logged in and I don't see any settings on language

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Helmut for response
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Margots K
December 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Margots K

oyu seem talking about plus.google.com/103206551291310682539

and I referred to its specified "description" (or introduction) "This extended stay Minnesota rental is 1Br/2Ba furnished home with blablabla..."

as below in classic G+:

Screenshot 2015-12-08 at 17.56.36.png

The "description" you seem referring to for the other results of "extended stay minneapolis" like for "Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown at The Depot"

4.2  · 3-star hotel
Refined studios & suites with kitchen offering free WiFi & hot breakfast, plus a fitness center are gathered by Google algos  from the web.

See: 

Screenshot 2015-12-08 at 18.01.02.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank You Helmut. Its very useful. I wonder what is missing in our website for google to grab the info. If you have idea of what google needs to grab the info, please, let me know. In meanwhile, I am accepting your answer and I will be researching to see what is missing in our website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Margots. Did you even get an answer to this?