My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Misplaced Google Reviews and Photos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Full business name: Medrosa d'Alfama
2. Current business address: Largo de S. Rafael n6, Lisboa, Portugal
3. Current telephone number: 00351961340300
4. Google Maps URL: https://www.google.pt/maps/place/Medrosa+d'Alfama/@38.7116784,-9.1291828,17.33z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:...
5. Website (if applicable: https://www.facebook.com/medrosa.dalfama/

My business is located on a small square, where there are other two restaurants. We are the only one with a presence on google maps and google business. Because of that, we are receiving reviews and photos that don't belong to us.

I've posted a message on our page referring to this problem, but people don't see it and keep reviewing the wrong place!

I've denounced the pictures (but they are still there) and responded to every review that clearly is not ours (but sometimes people just live a star review, and there is no way of telling, just by the poor amount of stars.... ).

What can I do?

Misplaced Google Reviews and Photos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The problem continues.....

I have now around 170 photos posted by customers, probably only 40/50 are related to my restaurant (I have counted them several times, but now I no longer do).

Some of the photos are from tourist attractions near, or not so near by, and those I don't even care so much. The majority are from the other two restaurants, and those I do care about!

I have flagged every single one, several times, but they are still there, some of them have been there for months! The only way to flag them is to say that they are "not relevant for my business"! really? This is not as strong as I need! Maybe I should flag them as sexually inappropriate or obscene, I'm sure they would look at them real quick!

The fact that the pictures remain, increases the amount of people that think they are tagging or reviewing the right place. The problem gets bigger and bigger....