My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Misleading company pretending to be Google to get business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Pop up paint shop

5701 Sunset Dr. Suite 216 S. Miami 33143 . 

305-200-9530 

popuppaintshop.com

Point Break Media  contacted us through Phone leading us to believe they were Google and if we did not hire them to clean our company name google would permanently delete the opportunity for us to be posted on Google.  Once we paid the $300 we quickly learned what a ftaud  this company was .  They told us after they receive the verification code it would take 48 to 72 hours to have Google recognize our company with a few keywords  Bring us up on listings when people were searching for our type of business.  It took several tries to get them to recognize we had given them our verification code. They somehow took my home address and placed it on our Google page  even after I responded to them that was incorrect before they posted anything.  They are now refusing to take the information down and saying they have to reverify our account to make any additional changes and it's now taking weeks to clear this up.  I spoke to someone claiming to be the owner Ricardo who stated he would remove the information and shut down the Google page until this has been corrected.  Still getting the runaround, the town I live in is still being posted not the city were my business is  and now point break media has requested a copy of my business license. This whole thing seems like a fraud and they don't know what they're doing.  My business is still being advertised in the city I live in not where my business is

How do I correct this chaos

2 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey @Joanna C

Do you have access to the listing at all through Google My Business or did the company that set it up for you do it under their login?  When you got the post card, did you enter the pin yourself at google.com/business or simply give it to them to enter?

I can't find your listing on Google - what city did they list it in?

Also, can you clarify how long your business has been at that address?  I see you're listed on the directory map (http://www.shopsunsetplace.com/store/Pop-Up-Paint-Shop/2138934987/) but was surprised you don't have a listing already at that address, unless your location is fairly new.

Sorry you are experiencing this - definitely try and get your money back.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @JoyHawkins,

It seems you may have tagged the wrong Joanna C. I received the reply, but I did not write the original post. Could you please remove the tag from your post?

Thank you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Joy,

I just post our questions in this page as I thought we have bit similar problem.  Our hotel location (tegal sari ubud, in Bali) had incorrectly put (by others which we didn't now who) on the google map.  We have tried to edit the location on May 12, 2017 and received reply from google that our edit is being reviewed.  Up to now June 2, 2017, the location was not yet corrected.   Would appreciate your help how we can fix this. Thanks.

Re: Misleading company pretending to be Google to get business

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Information of T of T your issue is unrelated to this thread, please start your own thread and someone will assist you.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The company set it up for us. We had no access. We had no access ourselves.We have gotten our money back through my credit card. We have taken control and waiting for verification code to go live. We are a new company, 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

bit sparse of information  to help @Joanna C

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.