My Business
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Method to change what part of review gets highlighted when your business is searched?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our business new to managing My Business on google, and I'm looking for a way to change what review snippets get highlighted when our business is searched for on google. So far we have received nothing but positive reviews. However, some of the review highlights chosen automatically by google can be interpreted as negative by potential customers as shown here.

review highlights.png

Upon closer inspection, a potential customer could clearly see that these reviews have nothing but praise for our business as shown below in their full reviews:

review 1.pngreview 2.png

We are not in any way trying to spin reviews in a way that untruly represents our business, however we don't feel that the current representation of the business by the review highlights represents our business truthfully either. Is there a way to change what parts of reviews get highlighted and shown when potential customers search for our business?

Thanks,

Pinellas Central Ace Hardware

12344 Seminole Blvd, Largo, Florida 33778
(727) 581-2025
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Method to change what part of review gets highlighted when your business is searched?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ace H

You could try filing a review summary error:

http://onlineownership.com/report-incorrect-summary-terms-google-business-pages/

Please Note, that the KP takes quite a while to update any changes, if you are successful in getting the summary changed.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership