My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Merging a brand page into a local business page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had a brand page for my business and was managed through GMB. G+ profile and Adwords were linked to this brand page. I had a custom url for G+ page - plus.google.com/+cribsontechnologies

A verified local business was also added to GMB. This was primarily for showing my business details in Google Maps.

With recent update which removed brand pages from GMB, I am facing many issues with my business pages. Somebody please help me on below questions

1. How can I migrate all data (including posts) from brandpage/G+ profile to localbusiness/G+ profile

2. Use the same custom url for my localbusiness/G+ page

3. Merge adword accounts and fix the warning - Your ad may not run as expected - Your AdWords Express account is no longer linked to your Google My Business account. Ensure your accounts are linked for the best ad performance.

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Merging a brand page into a local business page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Cribson T

You can view Brand Pages here >> https://myaccount.google.com/brandaccounts

However, Brand accounts cant be used AdWords and this account is a Brand Page, not a Business Page.  

https://plus.google.com/+Cribsontechnologies

I cant find any business page for your business name and address, have you created a business page ?

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Tim Capper,

Thanks for your reply and apologies for being late. I am resurrecting my business now.

Yes, //plus.google.com/+Cribsontechnologies is a brand page.

My business is listing as a location under GMB. This location has it's own google page - https://plus.google.com/107410545447620186305?hl=en 

I would like to keep my G+ page linked to brand account, because it has a custom url. Also, the brand account is needed for youtube.

However, I don't want duplicate G+ pages. As far as I understand merger is not possible.

In that case, is it possible to delete the G+ page attached to my business ?

Your comments are much appreciated.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Cribson T

Since I last responded in February, GMB ( business pages ) and G+ have had a divorce and are separate entities and systems now.

So you will have to treat them as such.

You can delete the G+ business page and still maintain the actual Business Listing.

However you should be aware that if you remove the GMB listing, you will lose your Knowledge Panel for the business.

CRIBSON Technologies   Google Search.png

So make sure you are deleting the correct page.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Tim Capper,

Yes, I don't want to delete GMB listing, only delete G+ page.

However, I am not able to find a delete option for G+ page. Could you have any thoughts?

Google_Plus_Listing.png

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cribson T
October

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Cribson T

Go into the G+ page, then scroll down to settings >> scroll down settings to >> Delete Account

Settings   Google .png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your help!