My Business
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Merging Two 'Brand Accounts'.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I've been managing and operating a Google+ page associated with my business for over a year now. This page, titled Higher Eclectic Ground, is seen here - https://plus.google.com/+Highereg

Recently, in an attempt to get my business listed on Google I wound up with another 'brand account' tied to a verified address. This new brand account is seen here - https://plus.google.com/b/114850664192399082758/114850664192399082758

While the latter seems to have got the brand listed on Google as an official business, doing so has also created two separate 'Google+' pages for the same brand! Shouldn't the two be linked together? I'd like for there to be a single business listing tied to the Google+ page that currently shows 105 followers.

If so, how may I do so? 

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

until about a month ago this two items could get connected  (not merged though) 

Now this "connecting feature" is deprecated.

Means there is no more kind of "merging" possible 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Helmut.

So then having the two 'brand accounts' exist as separate entities is the only way to go and an acceptable practice then?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wow, that's awful. Why would such an operation become "deprecated"? It's absolutely critical to maintaining clarity within Google's services. It makes ZERO sense that it's not possible to merge two accounts like this. This is beyond terrible user experience. Way to go, Google.