My Business
4K members online now
4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Merging Google + Businesses

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have purchased a company and would like to merge the google business listings and keep my reviews. Is this possible?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Merging Google + Businesses

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Christopher,

You are saying you have two business listings one that is yours and another that is the purchased company? If there is different addresses and numbers that might be an issue, but support will help cut the chase. In most cases when you are taking ownership the reviews stay in place, its mainly posts that are lost but that depends on the type of pages being merged. 

The fastest solution would be call into support, there is a form to start the process but having an expert review your account in question would eliminate any issues. 

Just wanted to get you pointed in the right direction. Let us know the outcome and good luck! 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Re: Merging Google + Businesses

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Christopher

Can you provide the details of the Google listings that you'd like to merge please?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Re: Merging Google Businesses

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I called support and they said there is not a support team to handle the
issue

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
hi Christopher

Unfortunately support are not always the best option as sometimes they do get things wrong. If you can provide the details of your two listings here as I requested then we may be able to help either directly or by giving you the right tools to contact support again.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

WOW, sorry to hear that, I figured since yours was such a unique situation support would be the best bet. 

Do you have ownership of the new business page? Transfer ownership of a listing If you have any issues getting the access follow the steps on the form "Fix Problems" Not sure if these steps have been taken.

If you are asking about keeping your reviews in place, yes they should be OK, it will mainly be information that comes from the newly purchased business that might have issues that's why I figured support would be best. 

Do you have page ownership of the new business? Any extra details will help. 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner