My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Merging Google + Brand and verified local business page

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Business Name: DJ Astro Black

Business Address: 3/6 The Esplanade, Belgian Gardens

Phone: +61405334304

1. Google+ url: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/111919673286658394188/111919673286658394188

2. Google+brand page url: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/109342682703658342873/109342682703658342873

I would like to merge the verified business page into the brand page. If it works will brand page be verified?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author DJ Astro B
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@DJ Astro B

there isn't such procedure to "merge Google + Brand and verified local business page"

There is  however an similar procedure called "Connect a Google+ page to your Google My Business listing"

Read more about here:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/6010825?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author DJ Astro B
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@DJ Astro B

there isn't such procedure to "merge Google + Brand and verified local business page"

There is  however an similar procedure called "Connect a Google+ page to your Google My Business listing"

Read more about here:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/6010825?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you @Helmut Geissler

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Helmut Geissler, any idea if this is still possible to do? I noticed that the link above no longer navigates to the instructions on how to do this (it forwards to a different page now). Also, the link to switch to "Switch to Classic G+" to view the "Connect a different page." button no longer exists (and neither does that option). Thanks

Re: Merging Google + Brand and verified local business page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same problem as Nick J... Any help?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut!  Looks like the process using the "connect a different page" button no longer works and the support article you linked to isn't there anymore.  Is there an updated way to do this?  I too have a brand page from years ago and just set up my local page.  I would like to get the local listing verification transferred to my brand page (my brand page also has the custom url that I want to keep).  Your insight is greatly appreciated!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

You are right @rebecca r

since about end of last year they deprecated this option.

More: since about January they started divorcing GoogleMyBusiness from Google+ and recently this divorce was finished.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @Helmut Geissler !

So, since my new local G+ page is address verified is there any way to get that verification transfered over to my brand page?  

** Most importantly is my custom url and the attached youtube channel for my brand account.  I have seen some ways of moving the YT channel over to the new local account so they are linked...but what about transferring the custom url?  I could deal with losing the posts and followers on my brand account and will just put up a final post telling viewers to go to the new G+ page.  I just don't know how to transfer over the custom url.  

I really appreciate your assistance!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

no way @rebecca r

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I also need to find a way to do it.

Over the years I have a G+ page (automatically created when I opened a YouTube account), then I got a Google + page automatically when I opened Gmail account, now I automatically got a new "brand" G+ page when I listed with Google My Business !! 

Each of them have different addresses, each of them have different content - but they should all be one - on a single page!

It's a mess really isn't it?  It's been a mess for many years.  Meanwhile, SEO is hard to optimise when it's such a mess !  I guess divorce is usually messy ;-)

Now the information links don't even exist! 

I will try to reach Google+ on Twitter and see what happens!

You would think for a multi-billion $ company, they would have a dedicated team for this sort of thing.