My Business
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Merge Google Business listing with older Google Maps listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Business Name: Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre

Business Address:  Normangrove, Kinvara, Co Galway, Ireland

Phone number: +353 91 637680

Google Maps URL: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Burren+Yoga+and+Meditation+Centre,+Ireland/@53.086781,-8.9574616,1...

Hi,

I have an old Google Maps listing

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Burren+Yoga+and+Meditation+Centre,+Ireland/@53.086781,-8.9574616,1...

which has 29 very positive reviews.

As this was not showing up on Google Maps recently, I created a new Google Business Listing

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Burren+Yoga+%26+Meditation+Centre/@53.086781,-8.9574616,17z/data=!...

Can I link these together, so that all the previously added reviews show up for the new Google Business Listing?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

You should have claimed the search result listing rather than make a new GmB entry.

Delete the new one and claim the old one from search into the email account you want to manage it from. You will get an alert in the email which owned it, or someone else may.

The old owning account can transfer ownership, or after a week you should be given rights to it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Andrew,

I deleted the new Business Listing.

But how can I find the old Google Maps Listing?

I logged into my Google Account, but don't know where to go to find my old listing?

I have looked under "Account", "Personal Info" but can't see anything about Google Maps listings.

I am using a desktop, Windows 7.

Could you let me know where to look to find it please?  

I am not sure what you mean by ...

You said >>claim the old one from search into the email account you want to manage it from.

Thanks for your help!

Dave

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just discovered why I could not find my listing.  Many years ago I created a Google email, and used that to create my Google Places listing.  When I signed into Google using that email, I was able to see it and change it.

However, the Google Business Listing that I requested to 'delete', is still shwoing up on Google maps ;-(

Dave

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Signed into the email you want to control a GmB listing from do a search for the listing which shows for you. If it was managed under another email it might say 'business owner' in which case you click on that and claim the search result listing into the email as a GmB entry. Google will send an email to the old email asking for permission to change the owner. If you have access say Yes otherwise after a week and no response to Google they should tranfer control to your current email account.