My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Marking Previous Business Permanently Closed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Chocolate Boutique LLC

3465 Brodhead Rd, Monaca, PA 15061

724-774-7675

Hello,

My mom bought a business on June 1st. The business was called Chocolate Creations, and though we did not buy their name, we bought all of their assets. We kept the same phone/fax number and are at the address. I previously contacted google for the ownership of the Chocolate Creations page, which the owners denied. The google business team member suggested creating a new business page (which we did) and verified us and marked Chocolate Creations closed since it was abundantly clear that they were no longer in business. Somehow, the business has now changed from being marked permanently closed and is considered open. Since they were very established (here for 27 years), their business name pops up first when you look for chocolate shops in the area even though they don't exist any longer. Is there anything I can do to get the page removed, or at least back to permanently closed? It is tough to get our name out there when you have to be really specific to find us (and not our competitors). Please help. Thank you.

-Taylar

Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 16.18.55.pngThis was in at the end of July, and the business stayed marked permanently closed until just a few weeks ago I believe. Any time I would search for it, it would be marked closed, so I know that it took effect.Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 16.33.11.pngThis is from today.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I have approved the edit of the Chocolate Creations as being closed. If it doesn't close within the next few days, report back and let us know and we will move to plan B. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks so much, @Mike Blumenthal! I will keep an eye out!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Mike Blumenthal You mentioned to report back if it has not been marked closed in a few days. It has been 3 days so far, and it is not marked as closed yet. Please let me know if I should wait a while longer, or if there is something else to try? Thank you again for the help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Mike Blumenthal It has now been 2 weeks and Chocolate Creations is still not marked permanently closed. What should I do?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I will escalate and see what can be done. 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Seems fixed. Let me know if not