My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Maps shows our maintenance shed rather than our business site

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a couple issues we're trying to correct. First, the Google Maps result for our business, Resort Vacation Properties, gives our maintenance building at 125 W Gulf Beach. Our business location and Check-In Center down the street, at 61 W Gulf Beach, only appears if you zoom in manually, and never displays as a result on Maps search.

How can we get that changed to display the actual business location in search results?

It may be complicated by the fact that two people have already left reviews of our vacation rental company on the result Google offered them--so the maintenance building has reviews. Would be great if those were associated with the actual business where customers interact (the 61 W Gulf Beach address). We have a Business page with the correct info, and have tried mightily to get the maintenance building to disappear, but could use some help. Can we merge the two and bring the reviews to the correct address?

https://plus.google.com/+ResortvacationpropertiesSGI

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Maps shows our maintenance shed rather than our business site

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Cutler,

Have you spoken with Google My Business support? They should be able to both remove the maintenance building business page as it should never have had a business listing in the first place and transfer the reviews - make sure the transfer is done first before the page is deleted though!

To speak with support, go to https://support.google.com/business/contactflow --> photos, reviews or business summaries --> review on the wrong page.

During the hours of 1AM - 5PM PDT you should be able to request a phone call from support.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog