My Business
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Maps is not showing the directions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,  

I listed my business over a year ago and the website is doing very well in seach... However.. The business shows, but there are no directions shown.  In some search terms, we are nbr 1, 2 or 3 and there are no directions.  How can I fix this?

Thank you

WG

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Can you include the name/address/phone number of your business? I'd be happy to take a look. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Maps is not showing the directions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am so sorry... should have included the info::
PCICustomHomes.com

PCI Custom Homes

5800 Gasparilla Rd.
Boca Grande, FL 33921
(941) 964-1612

You can google Custom Homes Boca Grande and we come up 1st, but no
"directions" button. Our top competitor comes up with a directions button,
but does not have a website.

I appreciate your assistance.
Wanda Grindstaff
Webmaster for PCI Custom Homes

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Wanda G

I get the direction  button on your knowledege graph as well as on GMaps:

Latter first:

Screenshot 2017-07-10 at 20.55.39.pngscreenshot-www.google.com 2017-07-10 20-56-15.png

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Wanda,

Same as Helmut, I'm seeing directions appearing for your listing. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you.

I do see it in the actual listing, but not in the search results.  This is what my client is very concerned about.  What can I do to have the directions button appear in the search results?  See image below.

pci.JPG

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

That's interesting, you're right. @Helmut Geissler, have you seen that before? There's no duplicate, the same listing without directions opens up to show directions when you click on it and go to the map view. 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

never seen this discrepancy @James W and I can replicate this too if searching for "custom homes boca grande fl" and then getting the three pack.

Screenshot 2017-07-10 at 21.24.29.png

Can you please escalate it to our ladies?

My wife ist just calling me to dinner with her now. ;-) 

"

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Danke Helmut, I escalated it. Wanda, I'll let you know what I hear back. Hopefully we'll have this cleared up for you and your client in the next day or two. 

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Wanda, 

I just heard back from the engineering team, unfortunately it looks like this is outside the scope of Google My Business. "The issue is within search (if you search for the business directly on Maps the direction option is available). Because of this they are unable to confirm when the issue will be resolved but hopefully it will be corrected."