AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Map pin problems

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! 

I run a holiday home business letting my chalet and represent ones owned by some others through my website, Kingsdown Holiday Homes. The chalets are based in Kingsdown Park, which is another business in its own right but the chalets are mainly privately owned. 

Kingsdown Park appears as a map pin as did Kingsdown Holiday Homes but both had the same location address. I created a my business page for KHH and requested my map pin to be updated with my chalet number which was initially successfull, however the my business page has now been suspended and no map pin exists as google wants me to be a brand not a my business. I can't send a shop front as i dont have one, though that doesn't stop me from being a business. 

Worse still, another private chalet has a map pin, as does Kingsdown Park, which is all fine except i seem to have been penalised for creating a my business page and trying to correct my own map pin. Now, a google search for my business returns the map pin and Google business summary of the other business. 

Accepting i am mainly at home, and not at the chalet all the time, but that is where the location of the holiday let is and others, in a recognised place, is there a way i can restore the map pin - even if I don't have a my business page? I am not sure how the other chalet has a map pin and I cannot! 

I appreciate any help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Map pin problems

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi 17

I suspect the listing is suspended because of the following guideline:

"Ineligible businesses
The following businesses aren’t eligible for a business listing:

• Rental or for-sale properties, such as vacation homes, model homes or vacant apartments.
  • Sales or leasing offices, however, are eligible for verification..."

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177

Unit 17 isn't a sales or leasing office.

As well, it probably seems to Google that Kingsdown Holiday Park and KHH are one in the same, especially since your address includes them.  That would also trigger your page to be suspended.

With that understanding, I don't believe the other listing you referred to should be eligible for a listing either. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Re: Map pin problems

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Margaret,

Thank for the reply, much appreciated. I understand the policy, though other holiday parks seem to have map pins - I assume because they lease properties from that location?

It seems then, i would need to create a brand page if I wanted a google my business or google plus page, but that will not give me a pin either, which is a shame, as that was the default position before I signed up to google. At the moment I do not see the benefit of having a google my business page if I cannot reference the location where the business / service is.

The other alternative is to map pin to the registered business address which is not currently at the park.

Thanks again,

Joe

Map pin problems

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I go the merchants place of business. Store front, home-base, mobile even meet restaurant  out in the parking lot etc...

I have friend who has a insurance agency that on occasion a home-base merchant doesn't want to meet at his home so i meet my friends office. I just wanted to mapp his office . I can't seem to move pin so lets just remove, delete and start over