My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Map marker wrong

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It seems as if the map marker is placing our business about a mile away from the location unless the user puts the NE in the address. Can this be corrected somehow? The business is BluePearl Veterinary Partners in Sandy Springs - Address is 455 Abernathy Road NE, Atlanta GA 30328. However, if someone searches 455 Abernathy Road Sandy Springs GA it shows the wrong location. 

Thank you.

Google Issue 01.jpg

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Map marker wrong

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I can't replicate your Maps Issue. 

Getting in either cases  (searching for 455 Abernathy Road, Atlanta GA 30328) with Google.com or with GMaps a location pinpointed near this coordinates: 33.936394, -84.373154

Screenshot 2016-02-25 at 21.40.28.png

But even in case it still happens on your end I can't consider this being a GoogleMyBusiness issue.

I then encourage you to seek for more help in Googles Maps Forum

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It is when you search 455 Abernathy Road Sandy Springs.

Sandy Springs is a neighborhood in Atlanta and it is how a lot of people in
that area search.

--
Jessica K. Camara
Digital Marketing Manager, Support Team
BluePearl Veterinary Partners
813.327.6932 fax
bluepearlvet.com

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

So what you're saying, is that your business is showing in the correct location (a mile east of Roswell Road) but if a potential customer just punches in your address and forgets the NE (455 Abernathy Rd) then it points them to the intersection of Abernathy and Roswell, which you don't want. Am I getting that right? 

Obviously there's a lot of places where an address is just a different place if include or exclude a NE, or S or anything like that. The house I grew up in was S 19th, but there was a N 19th a few miles up, and if you looked up my address with the N instead of the S, you'd end up in the wrong place. You know that of course I'm sure, but if 455 Abernathy Rd is actually a location, and it's at that intersection, then everything's working fine and you should tell you customers to be careful to include that NE when typing it in and looking for directions. If there ISN'T a 455 Abernathy Rd though, and that's a maps error that you'd like to correct, then you should post this in the map maker forum and they'll help get that squared up.
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/map-maker

Am I understanding this right, or do you want your business marker to be showing at the intersection, instead of a mile over? 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@james w & @Jessica C

I agree and confirm:

if searching for "455 Abernathy Road Sandy Springs" getting a result as provided by Jessica at the beginning and can replicate this too:

Screenshot 2016-02-27 at 18.09.30.png

This discrepancy between the results for "455 Abernathy Road Sandy Springs" and searching for "455 Abernathy Road, Atlanta GA 30328" isn't anyhow a matter of this GMB forum.

Its a matter for the GMaps Forum or even easier to report directly through GMaps after having searched for  "455 Abernathy Road Sandy Springs" getting a wrong location pinpointed.

You also can correct it through MapMaker.