My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Map is showing my business in another country

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Liberty Locksmiths and Security 

Located in bayonne, nj.

We are mobile and dont have a store front. Other people who dont have a store front show up at the city center of the city they are listed in.

We are showing up in what looks like poland lol

How can I have this corrected?

Our address is set correctly and we are showing as located in bayonne through search, but the map shows poland. Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Haha @Frank A

your geographical knowledge qualifies you to become the next POTUS after the actual one.

The knowledege graph and GMaps shows your Service Area as crossing the ocean and ending in Lithuania rather then Poland.

But to be seriously I have seen it happen prettyy similar for SAB's of  the UK crossing entire Europe and ending in Cyprus.

It was a replicable bug in this older case and its specific thread

I'm willing to investigate your case like I did in the "UK/Cyprus" case.

in order to do this I need the address and Service Area Specificication of your listing in your dashboard (while in edit mode of the listing)

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Yes could be service area settings. If you input multiple zips or cities Google will triangulate and put the location right in the center of them all. So if you have one entry wrong and it's way out in Lithuania, then Google would place you somewhere inbetween, like Helmut said.

I've documented cases where the location was set to 3 points locally, but the center ended up being in the middle of a lake.  So it looked like the business was out in middle of nowhere on the water.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Linda Buquet

in the older "UK/Cyprus" case it was just a bug of GMB and at the time Elizabeth filed a bug and it got fixed then.

The user at the time just provided the entire UK as SAB and it  was replicable for me from my German end to get Cyprus included if selecting UK as entire SAB.

I therefore repeat my offer to @Frank A:

I'm willing to investigate your issue bit deeper once knowing how you specified your SAB.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Helmut Geissler

No not that case. I've documented several good cases with screenshots here:

Careful Where You Put that Thang! Google Map Marker Warning for SABs

Note in particular the 3rd screenshot down. Post #6 Gutter Doctor. The map marker is on the wrong side of US.

But that does not negate the need for you to offer to check his settings. All the more reason. :-)

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

ol @Linda Buquet

agreed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Lol thanks for the help. Im literally scared to log into google mybusiness because it seems like everytime i do my page gets suspended for some odd reason. I got it up after months of back and forth with google and havent touched it since. 

I know my address is 608 avenue a in bayonne nj 07002. My service area is set to cover all the zip codes in nj within 25 mile radius. I manually input every zip code.

I did originally use godaddy get found and they created my listings so im not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Any help is appreciated.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Frank, 

Adding multiple cities or zip codes is sometimes a prob. You might have one that's a mistake or that confused Google somehow. Best setting is typically to just do 20 mile radius from your location instead of adding all the zips.

No one here can help and you can't get this fixed unless you log in - either to get us a screenshot of your settings or just change like I said above and see if that fixes.

If you get suspended again we can try to help with that, but if you cleared up any problems that caused it hopefully won't happen again.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Frank A & @Linda Buquet

it seems to  me all set now:

https://goo.gl/maps/xB2fMzvVHan