My Business
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Map Listing is Wrong

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I called twice today for help on my business Google plus page or Google My Business(they seem intertwined and indistinct to me) and both times I did not get helpful Googlers. This is for the first time ever that I received poor support on the phone with Google My Business and I have called many times before. I also did not get a chance to leave a review. They disconnected me before I could.  I would have left a negative review both times too. I was disconnected before that happened. My online marketing person named Cathie Dunklee-Donnell was calling with me and trying to talk to Google with me.  We were both really frustrated with the poor quality of the help.

We could not get either person to listen well enough to understand my problem.  They were impatient and the first one hung up on us.

This is my problem: on the map listing for my business it says NW Calgary and not just Calgary, AB. None of my competitors have that NW Calgary on their map listing and I would like it removed from mine, please. I changed the label to say Snow removal for all of Calgary to counteract the NW Calgary.

I rank third in organic and am the first snow removal company in the organic search results for "snow removal Calgary."  But ever since I've had the NW Calgary appended to my map listing and my Google My Business page I no longer am high up on the map search results listings for Calgary..For awhile it was removed and I went to number one on the map.

I changed the Google My Business today so it no longer just says NW Calgary but now it has Calgary, Division No. 6, Alberta.  We don't have districts in Alberta that I know of, why is that the only area available for me to choose?  It should just say Calgary, AB or Calgary, Alberta.

Thank you so much.

I attached a screenshot. The label doesn't look good. I really want the NW Calgary off however. 

It shouldn't be so difficult to communicate with Googlers.  I don't think these two knew what they were doing.

superyards.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Map Listing is Wrong

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Jon S

Not sure about your issue 

For me the listing doesn't say "NW Calgary"

But says "6004 Silver Ridge Dr NW, Calgary, AB T3B 3S4, Canada"

But I have to admit it shows on top of the knowledge graph an editorial snippet and it comes as "Snow removal service in Calgary, Alberta · Northwest Calgary"

This doesn't even appear on your GMaps listing.

The normal way to complain about inappropriate information on the knowledge graph should be to report it to the support.

Sorry to hear about oyur own  bad experience.

I will try tomorrow (since it's late in Germany) to contact business support regarding this.

Let's see I can achieve getting better support as oyu got it.

If not I will try to reach my communication manager regarding this. 

Map Listing is Wrong

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

All my competitors only have Calgary, AB without the NW on their knowledge graph. Thank you.

Map Listing is Wrong

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Also it is hard now to find the support number or the texting.  It used to be easy.  

Thank you so much.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hey @Jon S

Just spoke with support.

They promised me to help me to help you.

But they need the email address you are using to sign into your dahsboard where you manage the listing "Superyards inc." in Calgary.

Support need just the mail address - not at all its password!!!

Don't puplish the requested email address of your   dahsboard here.

Sent it to me  instead and better offline the forum through this form after reading it's disclaimer.

I then will see whether we can fix the issue with supports help.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Jon S

you seem not much interested to get my help to fix your issue about "Superyards Inc." showing as "Nordwest Calgary" as I can't see you provided the requested information - requested tqo days ago here in the thread.

It is of course up to you to provide the requested info or not.

But please note:

my offer to help you is valid until Monday 11/21/2016 

Then it will expire

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm sorry. It has been snowing for the first time this year and I have
been busy with my snow removal business. I am very much interested.

Thank you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm sorry. It has been snowing for the first time this year and I have
been busy with my snow removal business. I am very much interested.

Thank you.

Map Listing is Wrong

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I went to the form but it doesn't have a place to put my gmail.  Where do I put it?

Also I'm sorry I didn't check my emails.  I missed your deadline and kept you waiting. I have another job besides my business.

Map Listing is Wrong

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Now on my knowledge graph they put the postal code after the Calgary, AB.  And when that happened I went farther down on the local listings.  All my competitors have only Calgary, AB but I have Calgary, AB T3B 3S4.  I wonder why mine is different than the rest.  Again I'm sorry I missed your deadline.  I work constantly with my other job and snow removal and am not used to how forums work.  Sorry again.