My Business
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Managing multiple businesses from 1 venue - is it a problem?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello team -

Both my wife & I work from home & trying to work out how best to promote our work locally through Google Business based in the UK. We understand that Google Business is a great way to do this.

I'm a landscape designer, office at home, unique website, mobile & landline. This is currently listed on Google MyBusiness.

I also have an aerial photography business, separate from landscape design, but in its infancy so I use the same office, mobile & landline but it has its own website.

My wife is a therapist, has her own office at home, her own mobile & website.

How best do we approach Google Business with genuinely different businesses under one roof without having different Business Suites etc that I've heard mentioned.

...any wisdom & insight people or else I might need to see my own therapist!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Managing multiple businesses from 1 venue - is it a problem?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It would be possible to manage separate listings for truly separate businesses. But, given that you have the same address, you'll need to have different phone numbers and different categories. 

I don't see an issue with separating the therapist from the landscape design. I think the landscape design and aerial photography might be more tricky. You'll need a separate phone number, and the categories shouldn't overlap. But is that really what you want to do? I realize many business owners think because they've incorporated different businesses they should have separate sites and listings.

However, in most cases, that's not how customers might think of you.

I imagine that sometimes the landscaping and the aerial photography can be complementary. In that case, you'll be better off having one website and one brand that talks about both services you offer. It is easier to work on making a single website & listing great, than split the effort between two which would probably result in subpar performance. 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter