My Business
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Manager invite emails are never received

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

I saw this has been an issue for others, but really didn't see a solution in the suggested posts.

I manage over 10 GMB listings, and I have never received a "Manager Invite" email.  I've always had to go to the GMB listing where a notification pops up and has a button to click to accept.  That has worked fine for me until today. The issue that arose today was that this particular listing was yet to be verified, so I could not pull up the page to go that route.  In the end I called support and he gave me the plus.google.com url with the unique number associated with it, but that was after like almost 30 minutes of having me look for the email in spam, and other troubleshooting activities.

I always get the manager acceptance email, and the ones telling me I have been removed as a manager, but never the invite ones.  I have checked my spam filters, and I really believe they are simply not coming.

Is anyone aware of why this might be happening?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David Kyle
May 2016

Re: Manager invite emails are never received

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Derek,

So just to confirm, you have the following boxes ticked in your settings?

Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 5.43.39 AM.png

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@PriyaC

That was it. Everything else was ticked except for that one. Which is strange because I don't recall ever going in that part of Settings.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Glad it worked out David!

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Priya,

I am also having this issue of not receiving my invite email, but on my settings all of these boxes are checked. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Hannah

Are the emails going into your spam folder perhaps?

Even if you don't get the emails you can still accept management of a page by going to plus.google.com and searching for the page. As long as you're logged in with the same account that has been invited then you can accept the invite from working Google+ itself.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Same thing happened to me. No email (even in spam) but was able to log in via Google+ and accept.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I have been working on this all day. Sending, resending...and sending again! I should have come here 3 hours ago! It worked for me too!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @PriyaC

This has been driving me crazy for ages. I've gone to my Client's page and sent an invite to myself as per the image below:

mg1.png

And these are my settings, everything is enabled:

mygplussettings.png

I don't get an email invite arrive at all, and yes I've checked spam and every single folder under the sun.

When I go to the Google plus page https://plus.google.com/u/0/+Micksgym247Au from the Google Plus account that I'm logged into using the address the invite was sent to, there is no notification and no ability to accept management or anything.

However I know that other Google plus emails are reaching me because just tonight I also removed myself as an manager of another client's Google plus business page and I got the email instantly to advise me that I was no longer managing that page, so these emails are not being blocked at all.

This used to be a very easy process.

Can someone please reach out to me to advise what's going wrong. I just want this to be as easy as it used to be.

I'm having the same problem now with every single client that I ask to invite me to manage their Googl plus pages.

Manager invite emails are never received

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Im having the exact same issue! Where do I find these settings