My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Manager can't add Google Posts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good afternoon to all the TCs and community members. I understand that there is currently a bug preventing managers who have been added to a GMB account from seeing the 'Posts' link in the left menu of the GMB dashboard, meaning that managers can't contribute posts. 

Would anyone be able to tell me more about what is known about this bug, and any timeline from Google for fixing it?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut!

I'm so sorry ... I might be confused, but what I'm seeing is a link to a page (in German) talking about setting hours of operation. I'm asking about Google posts. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I believe they need to be an owner or an administrator. Can you change the permissions for them?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Niki,

Thank you for the reply. I understood from Mike Blumenthal that it's actually a bug preventing managers from being able to see the link in the GMB dashboard for Google Posts. Maybe someone from Google can weigh in on whether this is actually a bug or if only owners/admins can use Posts?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Interesting. Mike also pointed out that certain business categories have been left out of the Posts update. It would be good to hear from someone at Google on this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Right, Niki. Apparently, hospitality has been excluded from Posts for now. If a TC could possible escalate this to Google for official comment as to bugs or permissions, it would help me out to have clear guidance. Thanks, Niki and all!

Re: Manager can't add Google Posts

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Miriam E

I'm so sorry - was my mistake.

My response was intented to post on a certain  thread of the German forum.

Will delete it here in order to avoid more confusion

sorry again

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No worries, Helmut. Nice to speak with you, anyway.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Miriam E
July

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager

Hi Miriam, 

Thanks for reaching out. Communications Managers are the only ones who don't have access - Managers and Owners should be able to post. Can you provide a bit more information so I can look into this: 

1) Where did you hear this was a bug? I'd like to clarify with support teams if it was from them. 

2) What's the Maps URL for the business page you want to have posts on it?

I'll do my best to investigate further. 

Thanks!
Marissa

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Marissa,

Thank you so much for your reply and questions. Answers:

1) I heard this was a bug from GMB Forum TC, Mike Blumenthal, on Twitter, but he wasn't totally sure of the issue.

2) Our GMB listing is here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Moz/@47.6063789,-122.3357767,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xfff9ee7ce3b...

I would so appreciate clarification as to why, as a manager of that listing, I can't see the "posts" option in the left nav of the GMB dashboard, as should be showing there. Thanks!