My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Manage accounts on behalf of business owners

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm wondering if it's OK for a marketing agency to reply to a client's reviews on Google My Business on behalf of that client? Will this be penalized?

We have the log-in credentials of our client's Google+ page and we are currently managing their Google My Business listing. But we want to reply to the client's reviews from our agency IP address while logged in with the client's Google+ account. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Best,

Don Tran

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Manage accounts on behalf of business owners

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Don

If you are an authorised representative of this business (i.e have properly received ownership / management rights over this page) then yes, you can answer reviews on behalf of your client.

In this case though it sounds like you may not have either access in your own right? If you do not yet have at least management access then you should obtain that first, before answering reviews on behalf of your client.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Re: Manage accounts on behalf of business owners

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Don,

Please connect with the current Business Account owner to have them grant you managerial rights to the listings they would like you to manage. Once they have invited you, you should accept the invitation (received in your email). And you are good to go. :)

Best,
Sujay