AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Mallicious False Reviews from Two Suspected Shoplifters

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We had an incident at our business last week with 2 high school students in our location near closing.  The on-duty salesperson observed peculiar behavior: whispering, and what appears from surveillance footage to be attempts to hide merchandise.  When they were confronted, they tipped over a clothing display (again, on surveillance footage) and stormed out of the store, returning to scream obscenities from their vehicle outside.

The two then left one star reviews, one with no text, and one with some pretty demonstrably false accounts of the incident.

What kind of recourse does a business have in this situation?  Is it possible or legal to post photos from the surveillance as a response?

I've flagged the reviews, but the only option for a reason that seemed to make sense was 'Conflict of Interest' - and an attempt to contact Google via phone led to a rather circuitous series of conversations with overseas call centers that didn't clarify much.  I've looked through similar topics, but couldn't find a similar situation.  Thank you to anyone who can offer advice, any help would be appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Mallicious False Reviews from Two Suspected Shoplifters

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

don't beileve oyu have much more issues as to 

- either flag it (as already having done) 

or

- responding as owner telling your other customers your own observations about the suspecting both reviewers