My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Malicous Page Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can someone help me with the reviews.  I have flagged a review that a competitor posted through a fake google account.  It is sad and dishonest and because I don't have alot of views it has brought my rating down considerably. I flagged this review months ago and I can't contact anyone at google directly. We work really hard to provide our customers with exceptional service and I won't accept that this has to stay on my page. How do I go further than simply flagging the review.  Many consumers take the reviews quite seriously and I would like to have this malicious review removed.  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Malicous Page Reviews

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

When checking if a review violates guidelines after it has been flagged by a user (such as yourself), Google looks at the text of the review to make a determination. It doesn't do additional fact-finding to discover if the account in question is actually owned by a competitor and might be factually incorrect. Such investigations wouldn't probably result in a clear answer as to the validity of a review. 

As a result, your best bet is to encourage your happy customers to leave a review. Do this in your natural, day-to-day interactions with your customers. It will feel awkward at first, but you'll learn asking for feedback will ultimately help you run a better business.

Regarding the negative review, you're in a position to use it to market yourself in a positive light. Take the opportunity to respond to the review in a way that anyone reading your response would understand you're a thoughtful, customer-focused business person willing to go above and beyond to make a customer happy. Facts don't matter, but perceptions do — manage them.

You said: "I won't accept that this has to stay on my page." 

You're talking about a system over which you can exercise no control. Acceptance might bring you more happiness :)

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter