My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Mailing a verification for my business. I have a PO box for mail, but need my location listed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HJ Cabin

5598 Rocky Point Rd. 

Metchosin, BC

250-213-2292

I am trying to verify my business on Google, and need my address listed for my customers that come on site, however my mailing address is a PO box. 

I have looked at ways to get it mailed to my PO box or my home address, but there is no way to do that. Can I get my verification code emailed to me?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mailing a verification for my business. I have a PO box for mail, but need my location listed.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rob

That is correct, PO Boxes are not valid for GMB listings.  At this stage, the primary way Google validates is via postcard.

Could you clarify - is this a rental cabin?  If so, it's not eligible for a GMB listing per the guidelines.

"Ineligible businesses

The following businesses aren’t eligible for a business listing:

• Rental or for-sale properties, such as vacation homes, model homes or vacant apartments."

GMB Guidelines: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Re: Mailing a verification for my business. I have a PO box for mail, but need my location listed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the information.

It is not a rental property, it is a specialty cabin construction company.
This is the Head office and property where much of equipment storage is
located, as well as pre-fabricated trusses, and other lumber.

Because of the rural location, the card will not arrive with a street
address. I am curious how the other businesses within 500 meters of my
business have confirmed, when they must also use PO box (Pedder Bay Marina,
Pedder Bay RV Park, Glenrosa Restaurant, etc).

Mailing a verification for my business. I have a PO box for mail, but need my location listed.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Rob S

It's possible the other businesses verified the listing before spammers abused the system so badly that Google had to restrict verification methods.

You could also check with them and see what they did.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have spoken to a couple businesses, and they said that they had this set up a few years ago. What do I do now? I cannot find a contact phone number for anyone at Google. Can I submit my PO Box? Or what is the next step? Surely I am not the only business in the world that does not have mail delivery to the door.

Thanks,

Rob 

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @rob s

You can try reaching out to support at the link below.  You can ask them to manually verify your business listing, and there will probably be some extra steps to go through.  Be sure to use only the real street address (don't put the PO box in the address in any way).

Before they can manually verify the listing, you'll need to request the postcard and then wait 14 days.  Don't make any changes to the listing while you're waiting, or that voids the pin and the process has to start over.  Support cannot manually verify listings unless 14 days have passed since the postcard was sent. 

Request a call back:

https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_l?&rd=2

Find me on · · my blog