My Business
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Macaw Bank Jungle Lodge

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am  having a problem receiving the verification post card. The address that we are listed under in Mystic River Road, in the San Ignacio area, and in the Cayo District of Belize. 

It seems another resort has taken the liberty of naming our 2 miles of road after her resort which is causing some confusion. There are no mail boxes, nor mail delivery to this area, and we must use a PO Box in San Ignacio in order to receive mail.

When we first started our jungle lodge google had very little information in regards to the logistics of our small country.

We are now in the wrong location, and cannot receive verification to edit our listing.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Macaw Bank Jungle Lodge

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

1- What is the legal name for the road that you are on? 

2- What is your legal address at your location?

We can see if the road is properly named at Google but getting it changed may take some time if it is incorrect.

To get verified you need to enter your information at your really physical address and request the postcard. If after 3 weeks you have not received it go into the Google My business and contact support for assistance. 

Path to support:

goto google.commybusiness

select support from the upper left hamburger menu

Help will appear on the right side of your screen

Scroll to bottom 

Select the contact method that works best for you. 

Google support might require a video, geo tagged photo or business documents but should be able to assist. 

Macaw Bank Jungle Lodge

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The original name of the road is Negroman Road. However, there is no postal delivery because we are very rural. I must us PO Box 248, San Ignacio, Cayo, Belize, Central America to receive mail. This is where I could receive the verifacation post card.

The confusion stems from no street signs, and nothing much in the way of named roads in our area. Belize is behind times with the posting of road signs and more than likely does not have the money to do so.

Thankyou Mike for your help!

Macaw Bank Jungle Lodge

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

1-Google isn't going to send you a post card at your PO box. 

2- You need to put your actual address into the field, and request a post card EVEN though it won't come

3- After 2 weeks reach out to support and explain the situation and they will assist

That is how it works.

The only question going forward is how to handle the road name. If you are satisfied with the road name as it is on google then so be it. 

If not we need to start the process to attempt to change the road name. You shouldn't however wait on that to do your verifying. Verify as above and then pursue the road name issue or not as a separate matter. 

PS a number of years ago (18 maybe?) I stayed at the Black Rock Lodge. 

Re: Macaw Bank Jungle Lodge

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have already clicked on to verify the business as you suggested but my next question is how do i get the verification code in order for my business to appear on google.

Best Regards 

Ron 

Macaw Bank Jungle Lodge

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

If it has been at least three weeks since you asked for the card at your actual address then (as noted above) you need to contact support:

Path to support:

goto google.commybusiness

select support from the upper left hamburger menu

Help will appear on the right side of your screen

Scroll to bottom 

Select the contact method that works best for you. 

Google support might require a video, geo tagged photo or business documents but should be able to assist.