My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

MY BUSINESS NOT SHOWN IN RESULTS FOR DAYCARE

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

When I search my area for day acres everyone around me comes up, but i am not on the list.  I have added my business to google business and it is verified and i have added my categories.

Why does it not show on the map or results for my area?

Thanks

Sam 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: MY BUSINESS NOT SHOWN IN RESULTS FOR DAYCARE

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google+ URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Golden Triangle Learning Center

351 Plaza Drive
Eustis, Fl, 32726

352 477 1820

goldentriangleacademyeustis
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author SAM S
June 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @SAM S

I saw you come up for Eustis, FL, daycare golden, so you're definitely in the map. You're just not showing because you're ranking so low. 

There's a ton of factors that Google looks at to decide which businesses to put up top and which to leave in the background (hundreds of things actually) but the all fall into a few basic categories. 

One is the website. The website needs to be made well, load quickly, be about the right things in Google's eyes (city/keywords in title and headlines) and so on. It's challenging to rank well without a website, I almost never see it in fact outside of very low competition areas. 

Anther is how many websites link to your website. Having articles written about you, being involved in local events and getting links that way, there's a million way to get links. Those links are a big factor. No website though, means no links. 

Another is something called citations. Citations are other listings for your business in other directories. Yelp, Facebook, and yellow pages online are some well known ones. You can look at your competitors with whitespark location citation finder, and have it look at your own business, and see what your competition has that you're missing and fill in the holes. Whitespark will even do the citations for you for a reasonable price. If you decide to go work on your ranking, that's a good way to go. 

Another factor is how people behave online with your business. Do they click on the link? Do they stay afterwards? Do they do another search to find another daycare? Another is how long you've had your listing (if you're brand new, give it a bit of time) and another is how your actual google my business profile is set up. (you look good to me). A last area that's important is reviews... get at least five and you'll get review stars showing, it's well worth the effort. This is a good link to use when asking parents for a review:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Golden%20Triangle%20Academy%20&%20Learning%20Center&ludocid=14587061...

I made it with this tool.

Sorry I don't have an easy answer, like 'oh, you forgot to flip this switch' but when there's only a few spaces on the front for Google to give, and you're on of a dozen or more, that means there's some competition to get up there. I did notice you're not showing up at all, even on the bottom, for eustis daycare, but you should start showing there after a while, especially if you do some of the things I suggested above. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.