3.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

M

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business doesn't show up in Google maps. I have been in business for 24 years. I would think that it would show up. I have even run a Google ad words campaign. This is puzzling.

1 Expert replyverified_user

M

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

AdWords and organic search are separate and have no direct interaction. 

Does the business listing even exist on Maps? Have you created/verified the listing through Google My Business

Google is trying to represent the real world in search results and falls short of doing so often. Even if your business has been around for 24 years, it doesn't mean that Google or the internet broadly understands that. That's why people hire marketers that understand online marketing :)

Sharing your business name, address, and website may be instructive to understand why, in particular, your listing isn't showing. 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

M

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business name and address is Mcconnell plumbing heating and air conditioning 5132 state rd 32 anderson, indiana 46011

Re: M

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Chuck,

It is very unusual that a business, having been around for so long, can't be found on Google. I see your location on street view, and also found your site. A couple of things: 

Google sources businesses from data aggregators. If you are found in those aggregators, for some reason or another, you'll need to add your business through Google My Business.

Additionally, if Google can find information about your business through your website. I noticed that your site doesn't appear well in search results. You might want to invest in getting your site to have some good title tags at least.  

Poor title tag and descriptionPoor title tag and description

Adding your location (address) and phone number clearly on your site would be a good start. 

I've submitted your location through community edits, but, like I mentioned before, you should add and verify your business through Google My Business to control add the appropriate categories and phone numbers to your listing.

Good luck!

M

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I just got a reply from Google that the location was published. But, it appears to have been done as the result of verifying the listing through Google My Business: 

https://goo.gl/maps/MT844MfBC192

Looks like you made this a service area business and hid the address. I think that's a mistake, given you have a location on Maps today. Even if customers don't typically come to your location, it is worthwhile to keep your location public. It should probably be on your site too.