My Business
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Luggage Free Ships Luggage Worldwide. Best Practices for Google My Biz Listing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Luggage Free, with offices in NYC, ships luggage (bags, bikes, golf clubs, etc.) to and from clients' destinations, worldwide.

Their current settings:

YES: I deliver goods/services to my customers at their location.

Area is defined as each of the 50 states. One line/entry for each state.

However, they ship worldwide. Live in the UK, heading to Italy for vacation? Luggage Free ships your luggage there and back.

How do I set it up so the listing best reflects this?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Daniel D

it more or less irrelevant wher you deliver luggage or ship any goods.

You can  have an create locations as GoogleMyBusiness locations only where you face your customers in person.

This can be any (or several) brick and mortar  location(s) in  NYC or in case you pick up the stuff at the customers home a service area bsuiness with hidden address (and in the latter case you have to specify your official business address as your address of the listing)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Helmut. Luggage Free agents pick up luggage from clients worldwide. e.g. When I went to Australia, somebody picked up my suitcase in San Diego, put it in a Luggage Free plastic bag, and it was waiting for me when I got there. When I returned home, an agent of Luggage Free picked up the bag at the hotel in Sydney, wrapped it in plastic, and... you know the rest.

The company headquarters is the address for the listing. Clients seldom have cause to go there.

I am, perhaps inelegantly, asking how to best configure Google My Business for this sort of a business. They have one address, but their agents interact with clients all over the world, at their homes, and then where they are for business or pleasure.

What is the best way to do this? In the past, I've had the ability to set a service area/circumference around the business address. But I think that tops out at 200 miles. How do I indicate worldwide service area? Or do I already have it setup ideally?

Happy to provide more info.

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Its not a typ of businesses eligible for local listing.

Compare it with USPS or UPS store perhaps.

You can have for each real local store of USPS a listing but not ONE for the entire US