My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Lots of negative reviews - my manager wants a solution that deletes all of them

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

Firstly, I'm really sorry if this question has already been asked and then resolved. If it has, please feel free to point me in the right direction!

I have just started working for a company that has quite a few negative Google reviews. None appear to be from competitors, so we are unable to flag them for deletion.

My manager has asked me to look into a solution that will allow us to delete/disable all reviews so that no reviews or ratings appear when people search for us on Google. From what I've read, the only solution is to delete our Google account. I happen to think that the negative reviews should have been addressed when they started coming in as they point to fundamental issues that need looking at, and that we should work on delighting our customers and therefore generating more positive reviews. However, that's not the route the business wants to go down, and - quite rightly-  my manager's word is final!

We have a Google Plus page and a Google My Business account. However, we are worried that deleting either of these may lead to one of the following scenarios:

• Reviews don’t disappear
  • Our search engine ranking will be massively affected and we will lose potential customers because of this

One of the things I'm really confused about is what determines the option for people to leave Google reviews for a business - is it Google Plus or Google My Business?

If anyone on here has any experience with this, please could you give me some advice? 

Huge thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Lots of negative reviews - my manager wants a solution that deletes all of them

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

my opinion: fire your manager haha

A manager should have the goal  as you said "should work on delighting our customers and therefore generating more positive reviews"

There is no way to delete reviews if they are not violating googles guidelines.

And to make this clear as well.

Even deleting the listing from your dashboard will not delete the listing (and its reviews) from Google:

Look up here:https://support.google.com/business/answer/4669092?hl=en 

Re: Lots of negative reviews - my manager wants a solution that deletes all of them

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Helmut, thanks for your reply! I thought that might have been the case.

Ash