My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Locksmith for 18 years, need advice for additional business location

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, my name is Steve Butler and I own and operate Florida Lock and Key of Bradenton, Florida. Over the past several years, we have converted over to using the Internet as our primary source of advertising. In the beginning, Google Maps was very simple to get my listing up and manage it without a big concern of losing my listing. However, after our communities were flooded with several fake and scam type locksmith companies, our listing was suspended and so became the big hassle of trying to manage my Google Business listing. We have had our Sarasota Business location open for some time now, and have tried to add it to our current My Business listing as a different location, and we got through to even having the postcard mailed. And our new listing as well as our main listing was suspended some time afterwards. So, we are needing advice as to how we can successfully add our new Sarasota based location (servicing primarily Sarasota customers). We are going to delete our new listing for now until we can obtain the proper way to add this listing. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. If you need any further info, let me know.

Thank you,

Steve Butler <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

http://www.bradentonfloridalocksmith.com

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specifics and/or personal contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy.
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Locksmith for 18 years, need advice for additional business location

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Is your Sarasota location a storefront? What's the address?

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Joy, thanks for responding. The Sarasota location is where we dispatch Sarasota service calls and store inventory for jobs for our Sarasota Locksmiths. As our Bradenton home base is at least 20 mins for our Sarasota Location, it was ideal to have this office to save both time and money. We DO NOT currently service any customers at this address (we may in the future), but we want to service all of our Sarasota Customers from this day forward, hence the need to let our customers know that we have a closer dispatch area to assure them our locksmiths can be on location in a timely manner. Does this make sense? 1903 Northgate Blvd Sarasota FL 34234 STE 201 is the address. Let me know if you need further information

Steve Butler

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hey Steve,

Based on what you described, I'm not sure you'd qualify to have 2 listings. For SABs you are supposed to use your office address. If you don't have an office, you are supposed to use your home address. In your case you have an office so likeliness is that's the address you should use. The only time people should use their home address is if they don't have an office. I'll ask Google to confirm that's true but there are very few instances where an SAB would have multiple listings- basically only if you have multiple storefronts.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager

Hi Steve,

Joy asked that I jump into this thread to comment on the situation you have. Per our guidelines, your business would only be eligible for one service area business listing: 

Service-area businesses--business that serve customers at their locations--should have one page for the central office or location and designate a service area from that point. If you wish to display your complete business address while setting your service area(s), your business location should be staffed and able to receive customers during its stated hours. Google will determine how best to display your business address based on your business information as well as information from other sources.

Let us know if you have any further questions on this, and we're happy to clarify. 

Best,
Liz

GMB Community Manager 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No we have taken the Sarasota business page down until we can figure out
what's going on we need our Bradenton business page office suspension we
have an 18 year old company and our page is suspended it's hurting our
business could you please lift the suspension because we only have the
Bradenton business page active right now the Sarasota has been deactivated
from the internet thank you

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
Thanks for the update, Steve. I went ahead and requested unsuspension for you and I'll keep you posted when I hear back from the team.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
Hi Steve,

I just heard back from my team, and unfortunately, they're not able to reinstate your listing. I'm really sorry that we're not able to help further in this case.

Best,
Liz