My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Locksmith Spammy Behavior

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have our "brand" page on G+ and we added 1 location marked as a "we deliver goods" with a 30+ mile business service area. 

We were able to validate our business phone (which has been listed in the yellow pages for decades). When we try to get the post card mailed to our address we are blocked saying Google suspended the page.

When we appeal, we are told it is for "spammy behavior." Can anyone help fix this? What are we doing exactly that is spammy? Can't Google look up the fact that we are a real company with the BBB or something? Any small company that delivers services and doesn't operate out of a location usually has a sole proprietors home address listed as the company address.So when people move, yes they will have a few different addresses, is moving considered spammy? Is there any due diligence on Google's part to verifying a company is real? What is the harm in mailing a post card for verification, why is THAT blocked too when your page is suspended?

This has a negative impact on our business if we are blocked/suspended from Google search results...

http://www.yellowpages.com/harrison-city-pa/mip/owens-locksmith-12922805

http://www.businessdatabase.us/owens-locksmith-harrison-city-pa-15636.usbiz

http://www.bbb.org/pittsburgh/business-reviews/hardware-retail/owens-robert-locksmith-in-pittsburgh-...

https://www.chamberofcommerce.com/pittsburgh-pa/43294865-robert-owens-locksmith

Re: Locksmith Spammy Behavior

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is it possible since the name on our G+ was our business name and not the owner name?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Owens L they will not answer your question, all they will do is "escalated to the spam Team " uhhhh , they have no real answers for you or your business it's sad to say but true. Google still haven't figured out spam issues so real business like yours with suffer . But Good Luck. This is the best answer  you will get .

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't get it. Google is such an integral part of how people use the internet... blacklisting a business is beyond damaging to our business now that nobody uses the Yellow Pages anymore.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
it very true what you say . They don't care because is it's free listing . But look at ad words google gets payed million of dollars from scam company's but i don't see them doing anything about there advertisement scams . I used to work for locksmith company now i just do it on my own open my own company tried to put up a free listing under my house address witch i use as office and set the address as service area it's almost a month and no one ever gives me and answer how to get my free listing up . But as soon as i signed up to pay for leads with google they won't stop calling me to activate my account i spend 100$ and i dint even received a phone call . Now That's Scam
But again Google is privet company they can do what ever they like .

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Geeze, I hope you get your issue resolved, sounds like we are in the same boat.

On one hand, I understand there are a lot of shell / scam locksmith companies out there, but this is Google we are talking about. Don't they have a better algorithm to detect fake businesses from real businesses? Companies in PA have to register with the state (contractors, etc.) can't they integrate with the state database(s) to prove a company is legitimate?

I am going to keep this thread active at the top of this message board until we get a resolution or a blog post explaining how to rectify this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You make a good point. but again this is only for locksmith category , other category's are spam with thousands of local pages and google doesn't do anything about it , something is fishy because pay per click keyword for locksmith in google go up to 20$ a click they want us to pay and not have free listing .