My Business
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Locksmith Business Listing Suspended due to "spammy activity"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I have had no trouble with my listing now for almost 4 years since getting it up and running and figuring it out at the beginning. Nothing has changed in what I have set up since getting it approved accept my hours which I went to do the other day and to my surprise they suspended the account due to spammy activity. I have no idea what they are talking about as I looked at their guidelines and I haven't done anything of the things they speak about in spammy activity such as send out unsolicited messages or send too many invitations. I am still a service area business and have never checked on that I service customers at my location and my website even states that. Please can someone help get my account reinstated? I have 14 o15 reviews that I do not want to lose as it has taken years to get them. My business info is as follows:

Flatirons Locksmiths

Lafayette, CO 80026

303-586-6496

https://plus.google.com/+FlatironsLocksmithsLafayette/about

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Locksmith Business Listing Suspended due to "spammy activity"

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Have you tried filibg an appeal?

The best thing to do would be to file an appeal to our team to request that your listing be reinstated. This will connect you directly with the team who can lift your suspension. file an appeal: https://support.google.com/business/troubleshooter/2690129?p=reinstatement_request&rd=1

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, yes I did and that is when they told me that it was suspended due to "spammy activity" which I don't understand as I haven't done any of the "Spammy activity" in the guidelines such as too many messages or invite requests... I replied to their email but I am not sure if they get those replies. Is there anything else I can do?

Russell

Sent from my iPhone

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
wondering why at least four US websites show your business with a concrete address
http://www.manta.com/c/mxjjdxw/flatirons-locksmiths
http://www.exitexplorer.com/properties/40-105/8ad6ebcc-e883-4969-a356-4152ab2a4bfc/#.V8NR80197nA
http://www.businessdatabase.us/flatirons-locksmiths-lafayette-co-80026.usbiz
http://www.smallbusinessdb.com/flatirons-locksmiths-lafayette-co-80026.htm

Now would like to understand why you specified in your GMB pag a service area with hidden address.
Maybe there is an answer form you about my question
But doubting the support will accept this answer.

Have a nice day

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Again Helmut,

Thanks for pointing out those discrepancies, I have taken steps to
adjust the Manta profile and soon it should not show the address. I am
still looking into the other ones that you mentioned. Again, those were
not on my list of directories that I joined so it may be a little more
difficult to change those. I also found that my Bing page was showing
the address and have fixed that but that will take until September 13th
to update possibly. Please let me know if there is anything else that
you think could be causing this issue and I will be happy to address it.

Thanks,

Russell

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello again Helmut,

Ok, so I have done a lot of digging and it turns out that somehow I was placed onto FourSquare, not of my doing. That is where exitexplorer.com got the info, I am updating both of those. The other 2 I am updating through updatelisting.com which there is a cost to do but there doesn't appear to be any other way. They all should be updated soon I hope.

If nothing else this has been a good review to see what is going on. I will be in touch once I have seen updates to these. Please let me know if there is anything else that they have an issue with and I will fix that too.

Russell

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Helmut, I have fixed 3 out of the 4 listings. Even Manta was able to hide the address which I did not know, they must have changed that. I am still working on the exit explorer listing. I was able to also fix what was going on with Foursquare that I never signed up for but that is where this exit explorer is getting its info from but I haven't been able directly to update exit explorer so hopefully it will update from Four Square at some point. Is there anything more you can do to help? I have done everything I can for now.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Helmut,
I have not received any response from you and I have been taking care of the websites you mentioned as best as I can. Can't get the exit explorer one changed it seems for now. This is not my doing, I did not add my business info to this site and I have fixed the ones that I can so I ask for your help in getting this account reinstated unless you can show me anything else that first needs to be addressed. I have a legitimate business and can send you a copy of my business license etc. if needed.
Thanks,
Russell

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello again Helmut, I am doing everything I can to resolve this issue but am still unable to get it resolved. Can you please give me some idea and/or direction on what to do? I need to get this account issue resolved and I cannot nor will stop until it is.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

since this thread is a long one I'm not sure (soory if already asked you this): have you filed an appeao  request already?

The best thing to do would be to file an appeal to their team to request that your listing be reinstated. This will connect you directly with the team who can lift your suspension. file an appeal: https://support.google.com/business/troubleshooter/2690129?p=reinstatement_request&rd=1

If you have done this already to no avail I would need the case Id you should have gotten and your business license details to escalate it to our CM of the forum.