My Business
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Location targeting data not found

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have created a website that comes with so called free advertising help (List Local) or at least its free for 30 days and then £xx/month there after.  When I set it all up it created a brand account linked to my google account.  Next I had to verify my business so I requested the pin to be sent by post (no other option). A few days later I received the pin letter and went to the address it showed within the letter google.com/verifymybusiness.  However it said I had no businesses.  So I looked at my profile and there it was listed under my google account details. I clicked on the brand account details and went to the section to verify address.  Again it asked if I wanted it sent by mail so I said yes.  The pin arrived but the outcome was the same.  So I created the business directly from my google account and asked for the verification to be sent by post and this one worked.

However my issue I have is that the business I have created doesnt have a Shop Code and the one created by my web provider and List Local does although this is not verified and cannot be found by the link listed below.  Also when I go to my List Local app within my web builder it says it has an issue with Google Business and to Confirm Now.  I click it and it takes me to my Google Login page and then comes back with a location details page and a grey box saying Location Not Found.

This is the code behind the http link on my web providers page

If you notice in there there is a 21 digit number starting 2F which I believe is how google finds my business.  I believe this also to be the case because when it takes me to the Location Details the 2F is dropped but the same 19 digit number is in the address.  On the business address I have now verified I took the same 19 digits from the https://aboutme.google.com/b/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and pasted them into the above mentioned hyperlink URL.  It took me straight to my Google Business Page

The issue I am having is that the Tech Support for my web provider doesn't know how or where this number has come from and as such has said its a Google issue.  They state that they cannot change the data at their end on their servers as the information provided to them was supplied by Google and by changing it they say all manner of things could happen.  They suggested that I delete all my business lists off Google Business and to register new ones on Google (not sure why) but when questioned if it would change the data on their servers Tech Support said NO.  So I asked what are the chances of Google generating the same 19 digit number again that would match the information on their system to enable me to proceed.  Chances are that this 19 digit number Google creates for businesses is taken from a list and once used it can never be used again (this is an assumption and therefore may be incorrect).  Each time they say I need to speak to Google and get them to fix it but accept that the data on my web providers server cannot be changed.  As I cant talk to anyone in Google I am posting it here.  

Does anyone have an idea as to what has happened and how do I get it to link to my business address that is verified so I can get a Shop Code and get this advertising package to see my website and its contents?
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Location targeting data not found

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Russell H

Wow, you lost me.

In a nutshell your business page is not being picked up by this 3rd party software. 

The link you provided is not your business page URL.

What is your business name, address, tel number and I can locate the business page URL for you ( If verified )

You dont need a shop code for a single location business, shop codes are used for bulk management uploads.

Read About GMB Dashboard

All GMB business pages have the digit ID, which is unique to the business page and will remain even when you claim a vanity url.

If you provide your business details, I will locate your url, or read the dashboard guide, to navigate your dashboard.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Location targeting data not found

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tim.

Its not that I cant find my business URL because I can.  

My Business Page

Its that my web provider and their advertising section are saying they cant update the google code on their servers to relate back to my verified google business and thereby complete the link.  The fact they state they cant change anything indicates to me that their techies dont know what code they are looking at.  The fact that they state this 19 digit code is a random number that changes each time you access it also tells me that my web provider technical guys dont know what their code does.  It also beggars belief that the web provider technical support dont even have a generic google account they can access to look at issues like this for a service they offer which I may add they charge for.  All they come up with is, we dont have google accounts so cant help you past our web servers.  They then say its because your browser may be at fault so suggest you use another browser.  Which I did and it still gave me the same answer.  Then they ask you what O/S you are using and state thats out of date.  The fact that the first browser I used was Google chrome on a pc running Vista Pro and the other web browser was Safari on an Ipad running O/S 10.  After that they just said well there is nothing we can do and you need to speak with Google.  I think I have more chance of speaking to God than someone who works in the Google London Office about this issue.

All I am trying to establish is who owns the piece of code that I posted in my original post for my web providers server (I would believe as it is on their server they own it regardless of who gave it to them or where they obtained it from).  Next I would like to know if it will it bring down Google if it was changed to reflect the right Google Business address?  As I said I pasted the link into my URL address bar and then changed their link with the faulty number and replaced that number with the one for my verified page.  The link then works and shows my business address but if I leave it as their code it doesnt and thus their marketing software cannot verify my business.  My web provider state that they cant even undo it so I can register again.  I dont know code html or whatever is used today so I might have just got lucky but its just strange that I can get it to work by modifying it and my web provider dare not modify it on their servers even when they can see it and I guess have permission to do it.

The final bit I will add and perhaps it may shed some more light on the issue is how their software works

I open my web browser and type my web providers web address into my browser.

It takes me to their site.

I login and it takes me to my web page control panel

From this control panel I can access their marketing software where I put all my keywords related to my business.

I click this and it shows me that my business is verified under Google Maps (and if I click it, it takes me to google maps where my business is shown) but there is an issue for Google.

So I click the icon that says there is an issue.

The link doesnt open a new windon but a page in the same window and takes me to my Google Account via a redirect code in the same window.

I enter my Google login details and then it jumps to the My Location page and states No Locations Found this is where the 19 digit number is shown and it matches the same 19 digit number within my web providers code (viewed from Inspect on my web browser).

Re: Location targeting data not found

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Sorry @Russell H

No Idea how to help.

FYI: This is your business page ( and that CID will never change )

https://plus.google.com/110604481476196245555/about

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership