My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Location got Unverified after few updates

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there, 

I tried updating a location service area and the location got to UNVERIFIED.

I don't really know why and how that happened.

Following the request(I removed the token on purpose and all fields from the request on purpose):

curl -X PATCH -L -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -H 'Accept: application/json' -d '{
"serviceArea": {
"businessType": "CUSTOMER_LOCATION_ONLY",
"places": {
"placeInfos": {
"name": "Savannah",
"placeId": "ChIJWQbyePx1-4gRvCBgA1FnDE4"
}
}
},
}' 'https://mybusiness.googleapis.com/v3/accounts/106199614792829101846/locations/12696199039582427260?validateOnly=true&languageCode=EN&access_token=<access_token>&fieldMask=store_code%2Clocation_name%2Cwebsite_url%2Cprimary_phone%2Cadditional_phones%2Caddress.address_lines%2Caddress.locality%2Caddress.country%2Caddress.postal_code%2Caddress.administrative_area%2Caddress%2Cprimary_category.name%2Cprimary_category.category_id%2Cprimary_category%2Cadditional_categories%2Cattributes%2Cregular_hours.periods%2Cregular_hours%2Cspecial_hours.special_hour_periods%2Cspecial_hours%2Copen_info.status%2Copen_info%2Cservice_area.business_type%2Cservice_area.places.place_infos.name%2Cservice_area.places.place_infos.place_id%2Cservice_area%2Cphotos.profile_photo_url%2Cphotos.cover_photo_url%2Cphotos.additional_photo_urls%2Cphotos'

I did this request more than once, because I thought it was not working(not sure this is relevant).

Unfortunately, after a few attempts the location has been unlinked from it's placeId and got UNVERIFIED. 

Is there a reason for what happened?

Also, is there anyway to recover from this and put the location back to VERIFIED?

The location name is

accounts/106199614792829101846/locations/12696199039582427260

Thank you very much in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

it would be very cool understanding if I did anything wrong, or anyway, if it's possible to re-establish the connection between the location and maps' place.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

it would be cool if you would bot have ignored to provide the deatails of the listing in question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the advice. I tried giving more details thinking it would help reproducing the issue