My Business
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Local Search results

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, I live in an area called "Sale" in Manchester uk and when I type "Boiler Replacement" in google search, all the companies that appear in the local search results are outside this local area.

The keyword Boiler Replacement is a very important keyword for local companies when it comes to gaining business in their respective areas and I believe the local companies should benefit in the first instance.

Could someone please look into this for me.

Thank You

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Local Search results

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Peter T

Looking at the results, they all seem to be in and around the immediate area of Sale ?

boiler replacement sale manchester   Google Maps.png

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Tim, thank you for your prompt reply. I was querying the keywords "Boiler Replacement" which are more of a concern rather than using Sale, Manchester. I presume anyone in the local area of Sale would not type Sale, Manchester in google search.

Regards
Peter

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Tim, please find the search results below. None of these companies are in the Sale area of Manchester.

regards

Peter

Boiler Replacement 11111111111111..JPG

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Peter T

If you are just searching Boiler Replacement and you are not getting businesses in Sale, then your IP address is not indicating that you are not exactly in Sale.

Google is guessing your location based upon your IP. Your mobile should show different results, thats if you are allowing geo location tracking.

PS: 85% of all Google searches contain a location modifier: ie Boiler replacement sale or Boiler replacement sale manchester.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Tim, I have checked my IP address and it indicates that I am in Sale. I have also done the search on my mobile numerous times and it comes up with the same results as previously mentioned ie. no local company comes up in the search results.
Do you think there is a problem somewhere?
regards
Peter

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Tim, I have just done a search for "Boiler Replacement Sale Manchester" and it has come up with the results below. There are no listed companies shown who are located in the Sale location apart from Advanced Gas, although there are numerous companies in Sale who undertake boiler installations.

It seems unfair that the local companies for the search aren't benefiting from these results. Could you please look into this for me.

Regards

Peter

Boiler Replacement 22222222222.JPG