My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Listing showing, but now with competitors

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shane R
May 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

First I would just like to say you do have a google maps url which is this. Your current address for that listing does matter, even if you don't have it publicly listed, you do have it listed with google. A couple of thoughts, it's only been 4 days give it time. Also just because your business is on google maps does not mean it will show up in the snack pack or on the "list of competitors." Lots of factors there including your website information and reviews and a ton of other things. A quick search of your site shows no results for "livingston" I'd start there. Feel free to shoot me a message for a couple of things you can do to help increase your chances of being shown in that area.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shane R
May 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

First I would just like to say you do have a google maps url which is this. Your current address for that listing does matter, even if you don't have it publicly listed, you do have it listed with google. A couple of thoughts, it's only been 4 days give it time. Also just because your business is on google maps does not mean it will show up in the snack pack or on the "list of competitors." Lots of factors there including your website information and reviews and a ton of other things. A quick search of your site shows no results for "livingston" I'd start there. Feel free to shoot me a message for a couple of things you can do to help increase your chances of being shown in that area.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Shane glad to help.

1- I am not saying to remove your Lufkin content! It is working for you so that is great.

I will skip to 3 because that is what you most certianly should do. As long as your address is a real address in Livingston, which it must be because you verified it, there is nothing wrong with a landing page for that location. It is standard practice and recommended. You don't want visitors landing on a site or page that doesn't clearly indicate they are in your service area.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en

"Website and phone

Provide a phone number that connects to your individual business location as directly as possible, and provide one website that represents your individual business location."

Notice the individual business location statement.

Having a Livingston page would without a doubt help you in Livingston results. Once you add a Livingston page you should switch you url on your Livingston google my business to match, like http://shanerhodenphotography.com/livingston-TX

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Matt! I cannot thank you enough for your help! Really! That's great advise! I'll do that! How would you feel if I did a domain shanerhodenphotographylivingstontx.com (I think Google is not fond of redirects) and directed to http://shanerhodenphotography.com/livingston-TX - OR is just having a folder "http://shanerhodenphotography.com/livingston-TX" be sufficient? Again! Thank you SO SO much!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I wouldn't mess around with re-directs in this case. Per guidelines your listed url can't be a redirect.  I would put a new page on your site named Livingston (or something similar) I would have that page be very similar to your normal home page but with a blurb about working in Livingston, maybe even an image in the slider on that page "announcing" your new location. You don't need this page in your menus so it won't change your overall design you already have. Make sense?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Absolutely!  And I can do a whole lot more than add keywords for Livingston, because I've been working there for a few years I can actually add images of people from that town. It's a smaller town so somebody would probably recognize the faces.  Again, thank you so much for your help Matt!