My Business
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Listing both business locations on a search result page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

A client I work with is wondering if it is possible to show both of his business locations on a search result page when someone searches their company name. They have a location in Ohio and Massachusetts. 

So, when someone searches their Company Name, both the Ohio and Massachusetts locations would appear in the sidebar with address, map, and location details.

Is this possible? 

----------------

1. Full business name : PPA Graphics, Inc
2. Current business address: 6760 Thrush Drive, Suite E Canal Winchester, OH 43110
3. Current telephone number: 614 837 1998
4. Google+ URL: https://plus.google.com/104439259738918260990/about

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Listing both business locations on a search result page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I'm afraid I don't think this is (yet???) possible

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

What you're asking for definitely isn't possible, though one thing I've seen before... sometimes if a brand name has a very well referenced, visible wikipedia page, Google will create a knowledge panel from the wikipedia page instead of a location Google my Business page. I think that's more likely to happen when there's multiple locations, since with just one location with a popular wiki page, I've seen a mixed knowledge panel instead. 

For an example of a wiki style knowledge panel, do a google search for 'new seasons'. They're a grocery chain in my part of the country with maybe 10 location or 15 locations or something. Notice there aren't any locations there, though (since I'm searching near some stores) there's a map that appears with a 3 pack as well. The actual knowledge panel just has general info on the brand. 

Since the client's two locations are so far apart from each other though, you're probably better off focusing on each one independently, and settle for the fact that Google will show whichever one is closer to the searcher.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I suppose I should have added, it would be pretty hard to encourage Google to show a wiki style knowledge panel for a brand search anyway, it's not something you just hit a switch and make happen. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
When I search my competitors with two locations on google, they have their multiple locations show up on a small google map listed A, B, C with links to website and directions. How do I get that view for my locations? Sincerely, Dean Culp

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I've seen Google display a branded Knowledge Graph and a local Knowledge Graph for example for Starbucks but have yet to see two Knowledge Graphs for two separate locations.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Grace, what I am describing is not a knowledge graph. It is on the left of the screen and seems to be an enhanced location map. Can I forward you a snip of what I am describing? Dean

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Dean

Looking at your initial post I think I know what you're referring to but if you could share a screenshot it would be great.

Grace

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Capture.PNG

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Dean,

I've typically seen results like that when a business has more than one location in the same city or state, for example, Starbucks Utah or Walmart NYC.

1.png

2.png