My Business
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Listing Suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Very frustrated. To give a little history, my business is a service area listing where I visit the customer, therefore, I ensured in the past 2 months that my listing was listed as such by checking the proper checkbox.

Two weeks ago, a client of mine posted a review to add to my 3 existing reviews. That afternoon, through the dashboard, Google notified me that my listing had been suspended "due to quality issues". 

The same day, the client's listing was also suspended for the same reason. I checked all of the information on the clients page and submitted an appeal to have it reinstated. It was reinstated within 1 business day.

I also verified information with my listing and submitted to have it reinstated. After three days, I had not received a response. I called Google support, and the support rep was not very helpful. Could not explain why the page was suspended, and for 30 minutes kept directing me to the business listing guidelines and telling me that I needed to edit my information and resubmit. It's a little difficult to know what to edit if all of the information is correct and I'm not sure what the violation is.

I also asked if Google would eventually send me an email to explain the suspension. Her response ... "maybe". I asked to speak with a supervisor, and she stated "I don't have a supervisor."

Two days later, I called again, and spoke to someone who was a little more helpful. They could not tell me what was wrong, but immediately passed me along to a supervisor. The supervisor explained that it had been blacklisted and that my case would be escalated and for me to be patient.

Today has been two weeks since it was originally suspended and now the page is nonexistent so I'm unable to provide a working URL. I have updated profile pic, double checked the description, added a better cover photo, and checked the hours. This is not a fulltime business where I can list it as mon-fri 9-5. Therefore, I have it listed as open on Tues and Thurs late afternoon and Saturday.

I'm open to suggestions and recommendations. I've been honest with Google and want to comply to make everything acceptable, but at this point am unsure what else to do. If I delete the listing and recreate, I'll lose my reviews. 

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Listing Suspended

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Larry,

Without some more details about your particular business it will be difficult for us to assist you here. Can you please provide a screenshot of what you see after you go to https://business.google.com/manage ---> click on Manage Location?

Thank you.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Priya:

And thanks for your response. Below is a link to the screenshot:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwwEjz51lVzUcENBT3dsbG9ndGs/view?usp=sharing

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Larry,

Off the top of my head I can't see any reason for the ongoing suspension. I'll ask our CM if she can take a look though.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Larry,

Looks like you work from home? Did you have the service area settings right, indicating that you serve clients at their address?

Do you remember if your home address was showing on the listing? If it was it's a violation and that's likely the reason for the suspension. Was your client in the same boat? Service area business with address showing?

Or the other reason listings often get suspended is if there are dupe listings claimed.

Was your clients listing in the same account as yours by chance? If so, that could be why they were suspended at same time.

If you can answer some of the Qs above we can provide a little more insight.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Linda:

And thanks for your reply.
Yes, I work from home. I travel to the client's site or meet at another location other than my home.
My address originally was showing but I had learned of the check box to list it as a service area business. This was back 7-8 months ago. After several weeks, my address was still showing even after selecting service area business.

I then deleted the business to eliminate my home address from appearing, gave it a few days to ensure it was not appearing and then created a new listing and made sure I selected the correct checkbox for service area business. In Oct, Nov, Dec time frame, I received several reviews from clients. Everything seemed to be fine at this point until 2 weeks ago, when another client left the new review.

I was a manager for the business listing, but not the owner. The day that his and mine accounts were suspended, I deleted my management of it and then submit for reinstatement. His was reinstated the next day, however, mine has not been.

I failed to answer one of your other questions. The client that was suspended is a brick and mortar business.

Thanks for your help.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Thanks for those additional questions Linda because it looks like we might have located the issue.

Larry, when you 'delete' a listing from your dashboard all it does is remove the verification from the page. The page itself remains as a listing in the Local database, and in this case it appears that old page is causing Google to suspend this new page.

I didn't find that older page when I was doing my initial checks but that doesn't mean it isn't there. My recommendation is to try searching for your business and home address - I bet you find the old page. If so, then please contact GMB support via https://support.google.com/business/contactflow to have that old page removed as a duplicate.

@Linda Buquet - does that sound about right to you?

P.S Larry - just a reminder that when setting a service area, smaller is better. Although I don't know exactly what radius you've set, sometimes people set very large service areas because they've been told it helps in rankings, but it doesn't. It's best to keep it to about 40 miles as sometimes larger service areas can trigger spam alerts with Google.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately, I've searched and searched and haven't located anything whether new or old.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I conducted another search this morning for both the business name and the address and neither were found. I started the process of creating a new listing, ensured the service area checkbox was marked, but stopped at the screen explaining if I continued, it would create Google+ page. I already have a G+ page, so didn't go any further. I can certainly delete my current G+ page and then recreate but wanted to seek advice based on previous history. Thanks again Linda and Priya for your help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Anyone have an additional feedback? Thanks.