AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

List of Reviews always shows the only negative review first

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Whenever anyone goes to view all of my business's reviews the only negative review we've ever gotten gets listed first based on the default sort order of "Most Helpful". Even though there are several other positive reviews which have been marked as helpful by other viewers, the negative review (which has no helpful marks) still gets listed first. This is very frustrating and not a good representation of my business. Why does Google do this and how can I change it?

DavidY

Dave's Dragons, LLC

679 Mast Rd.

Manchester, NH 03102

(603)606-2120

www.davesdragons.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

you can't change their behavior and their behavior is done based on several criterias.

My guess is the one negative is clicked more often by visitors as the other five star reviews.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah, human nature, the negative reviews are read much much more. So a stupid computer thinks these "reviews" are Most Helpful. You'd think they would have figured this out by now but they don't seem to give a shit.